Thread: Lag when Watching Live

Lag when Watching Live

Alright I am thinking I just need to upgrade the hardware in my computer but I would like to get some thoughts before I go doing such things. Here's my problem. If something is recording and we're watching live TV on the main box, and then someone tries to watch something on a different device connected through wifi, there is a lot of buffering and or stuttering. Else if it's not recording both live streams are clear.

I'm not sure if it's the HTPC's hardware or my networking job. The HTPC is a single HHD, 8GB, intel i3, integrated GPU of sorts. I'm currently not near the PC to give exact specs. My networking job is as follows. The tuner and HTPC are connected to a secondary router with wifi turned off. That router is plugged into a network powerline adapater to connect to the main router that has the the modem connected and has wifi turned on.

You'll probably have to check the CPU / network utilisation on the server to help narrow it down.

I will look into that and get back to this thread.

Is you PC hard drive light on when you are recording,have a look in Task Manager and see if there is anything running and using a lot of processing power and if the light on the hard drive is on then something is using alot of memory,it should flicker every now and then when its recording...??

It looks like you have have enough memory,its the same amount as me so your memory is ok,whats the GPU..?