Thread: Error when trying to stream from NEWA on PC

Error when trying to stream from NEWA on PC

Hi UJB

I get the error below trying to stream from the NEWA screen?

VLC installed correctly.
    Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 1001: RecordingQuality quality = RecordingQuality.QUALITY_DEFAULT;
    Line 1002:
    Line 1003: switch (Request.Params["quality"].ToLower())
    Line 1004: {
    Line 1005: case "best":

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\Details.aspx.cs Line: 1003

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    N_EWA.Migrated_Details.LinkButton1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\Details.aspx.cs:1003
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(Event Args e) +91
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBack Event(String eventArgument) +91
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI .IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +169
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3260

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1586.0

Attached Files Attached Files
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Thanks...

Stop your recording service
    Extract the file in the attached to the web directory.... it will update a file and the issue should be fixed.
    Start your recording service

Let me know if it is working now....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by UncleJohnsBand View Post
    Let me know if it is working now....
    Perfect - works a treat...thanks UJB.
    Great as always.
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.