Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Listing crashing

TV Listing crashing

getting unhandled exception with TV Listings. cant configure anything in the settings part, and cant click on it in the client without getting the error.

tried the patch from a previous thread (even though it was fixed) but still no luck.

-Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  21.7 KB

Sorry if i missed a common solution, ive looked around this site for a couple days but havent seen anything.

using the latest version of nextpvr, 3.9.2, and today applied the latest version of the program exe since it said a few tweaks and i hoped it would fix it.

As far as i can tell im using the latest version of the plugin, (downloaded it today), and a pretty fresh install of nextpvr as i just reinstalled the pc last week.

Thanks,

Do you have the latest TV Listings Plugin version http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....gin.TVListings ?
    also check there isn't a old version of the plugin in the TV Listings folder (even if you renamed it , it will be loaded) http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...-TV-Recordings

Check NPVR and Nrecord logs files for hint.
    Server : NextPVR 3.9.2 Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz 6GB Win7Pro, Hauppauge HVR-2250 Dual Tuner, DIAMOND ATI Theater HD 750 USB TV Tuner, Homemade fractal antenna, SchedulesDirect EPG.
    Client : NextPVR 3.9.2 Intel I7-2600K @4.5GHz 8GB, Radeon HD6800, Win7Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jamissr View Post
    getting unhandled exception with TV Listings. cant configure anything in the settings part, and cant click on it in the client without getting the error.
    Please post logs. There is a button in Settings --> About that will zip the logs for you and you can attach the zip file to a post. Thanks.
    AMD A75, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Please post logs. There is a button in Settings --> About that will zip the logs for you and you can attach the zip file to a post. Thanks.
    appreciate you looking at the logs. I found where it shows tv listings crashing but nothing stood out as a reason why.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ok. i seem to have accidentally figured it out, or at least a workaround. it seems i must have the nvpr program program running and right click into settings from that window. everything works when i do that. if i use the taskbar icon and go into settings from there it does not work and i get this exception.

in fact, right clicking the taskbar icon and choosing settings at all seems to bring up a version of settings that although its the same program version, none of the plugins will load or work from.
    Last edited by jamissr; 2017-03-12 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamissr View Post
    in fact, right clicking the taskbar icon and choosing settings at all seems to bring up a version of settings that although its the same program version, none of the plugins will load or work from.
    Your right I get the same thing (almost no plugins selected) when right clicking the taskbar icon (but I don't get the exception...but then again I don't have TVListings loaded either) but all works fine when selecting settings from within NexPVR..... looks like one for sub to look at.

I recently reported that plugins are not loaded from the taskbar icon so just sub's built ins.

Martin

Hmmm, odd. I just tried to reproduce it here, but I'm not seeing this issue. I even tried with TVListings. Some of the things on my machine are in different directories though, which I'm guessing has something to do with it.

Martin, are you see this with your plugins too? If so, if you run it up in the debugger what looks like it's failing when your plugin is loading?

In that stack trace above, it looks like the TVListings plugin has loaded, and starts running, but encounters some issue loading some xml from somewhere. Hard to guess what this is doing without the source code to it.

maybe remove TV Listings.db3 ?
    or remove TV Listings completely
    Plugins\TV Listings
    Skin\Default\TV Recordings
    Skin\Default\TV Listings

see if it still crash.
    Server : NextPVR 3.9.2 Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz 6GB Win7Pro, Hauppauge HVR-2250 Dual Tuner, DIAMOND ATI Theater HD 750 USB TV Tuner, Homemade fractal antenna, SchedulesDirect EPG.
    Client : NextPVR 3.9.2 Intel I7-2600K @4.5GHz 8GB, Radeon HD6800, Win7Pro