Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Listing crashing

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Martin, are you see this with your plugins too? If so, if you run it up in the debugger what looks like it's failing when your plugin is loading?

In that stack trace above, it looks like the TVListings plugin has loaded, and starts running, but encounters some issue loading some xml from somewhere. Hard to guess what this is doing without the source code to it.
    I saw it with a tuner plugin and will try to go into my other plugin settings tomorrow.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I saw it with a tuner plugin and will try to go into my other plugin settings tomorrow.
    I can confirm plugins aren't loaded from the NTray Show Settings option, the option to configure them is even missing. Most of the NextPVR init logic is skipped from this option.

Martin

Is the constructor code run?

Is the constructor code run?
    No not for my plugins, but plugin discovery isn't even done so I can't imagine TV Listings even runs. This is more about the comments about not being able to configure plugins.

Martin

Do you have these types of messages in your log:
    2017-03-12 16:58:21.412 [DEBUG][1] About to look for plugin directories in: C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\
    2017-03-12 16:58:21.412 [DEBUG][1] About to look for plugin directories in: C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Plugins\
    and then for dlls found:
    2017-03-12 16:58:21.412 [DEBUG][1] About to check for plugin interfaces in: C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Plugins\TV Listings\TV Listings.dll

No and neither does the op in his logs from -settings if I recall correctly.

Martin

Those messages quoted above were from his log when TVListings was crashing with that message.

Checking the code, it looks like it should always go looking for plugins. ie, there is no conditional logic stuff whether it goes looking. It should happen immediately after a "Load@1" message (which was the last message unrelated to plugins).

Checking the code, it looks like it should always go looking for plugins. ie, there is no conditional logic stuff whether it goes looking. It should happen immediately after a "Load@1" message (which was the last message unrelated to plugins).
    There is no Load@1 message when you use the -settings command line option or ShowSettings from NTray as a ControllerForm with all the good stuff is never instantiated. The OP's post http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...338#post513338 has an example and crash.

Martin

You could see if this patch helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files