Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Microsoft MS DTV-DVD no longer works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
    Tried it. No luck. I have tried 4 or 5 different decoders. The only video I can play is TS format. As soon as I click play on any video except TS NPVR stops and crashes. I never had a problem playing MPEG4 video prior to Windows 10 update.
    That is unlikely to be related to the issue described here.

The decoder settings in NextPVR only relate to .ts files and live TV. For any other file, NextPVR just lets Windows choose whatever decoders it wants to use. You'll probably find installing the LAV Splitter will get these other file types working. You can get it from https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFil...-Installer.exe

KB4015438 installed here and it installed a new CompPkgSup.dll (.969) over my temporary replacement and all is good with 32bit (NextPVR) and 64 bit (HDHR View) now.

Martin

The problem I had was that Microsoft decoder is preferred and caused crash. I disabled Microsoft decoder and all is fine.
    Lav for everything and Cyberlink for ts files.
    Happen after update.

use this program to disable/enable windows decoders :

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Codec-Tweak-Tool
    Last edited by griffy; 2017-03-21 at 06:37 AM.

As mentioned by Martin above, Microsoft have now released KB4015438 which resolved this problem.

Woop!
    W10, i3 6100T + Gigabyte H170, BGT3620, Hauppauge Nova s2, 8Gb ram, asus xonar USB, arcam avr300.

Nextpvr working again after ms update

Quote Originally Posted by SoupSatchel View Post
    i noticed there were updates overnight and now, coincidentally, using the Microsoft MS DTV-DVD that I went back to using a while ago because it's the best for me, no longer works. Anyone else having this problem?
    Swapping to elecard mpeg2 decoder works but isn't as good a picture.
    I love using nextpvr. I was a little freaked out when it stopped working. Thanks to the people on the forum for posting details of the problem. (I'm a computer novice). I was concerned that it might take ms a while to do the fix. Glad it didn't take too long. Just donated $25 to the pot......just because I love to use it.