Thread: truncated recordings

truncated recordings

All

Lately my wife has noted that occasionally recordings are truncated after only a few seconds of recording. It is sporadic, and I can't see anything in the logs that suggests a problem. 2 examples in the logs are a Face-Off episode recorded 3/7 at 17:59 which contains only 9 seconds of video and an episode of Legion recorded 3/1 at 21:59 that has only 20 seconds. Grateful for any assistance, WAF is dropping precipitously

Dennis

PS Just noticed that the thread immediately prior to mine ("incomplete recordings") describes the same issue, although my recordings are always either complete or just a few seconds long, no 10 minute recordings I'm aware of. My setup is a pretty new machine running Windows 10 and a HD-PVR connected to component outs from the set top box. I do have occasional issues with the HD-PVR where it seems to lock up and lose signal and I have to restart it, but when that happens we end up with a full length recording of a black screen, not a truncated recording with the correct show displayed. This truncation has been happening only over the past month or two, which makes me wonder if a Windows 10 update is involved. Last thing I can think of is that my recordings are going to an external drive (USB3) as that one has the most free space.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drbenjamin; 2017-03-16 at 05:04 AM. Reason: additional info
    2 HD-PVRs, G4400 w/ 4GB RAM, 12 TB HD, Windows 10 Pro, 2 PCH A110, 1 eGreat m34A

Can you tell if those first few seconds the original channel or the new channel?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Can you tell if those first few seconds the original channel or the new channel?

Martin
    Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply. On the Legion episode on 3/1, the recording starts on one channel, I can see the new channel digits being entered from the IR blaster, the channel changes, then a few seconds later the video quits. I don't have the Face Off video anymore, but I found two other truncated videos with the same properties as the Legion. The other truncated videos are from January so no logs . They are also exactly 8 seconds long.
    2 HD-PVRs, G4400 w/ 4GB RAM, 12 TB HD, Windows 10 Pro, 2 PCH A110, 1 eGreat m34A

First I'd confirm the channel you are tuning is valid. After that I know the HDPVR/NextPVR combination doesn't like resolution changes which is why I have my STB set for fixed output. I think new drivers were better but never got it just right. There are also some WaitLonger... settings in config.xml which you might be able to configure so that NextPVR doesn't record the starting channel but I never got it working right.

Martin