Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New NextPVR client for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3.

It is not just NEWA, the internal web server which web client uses also has private IP masks.

Martin

pBS, you may want to have a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privat...address_spaces Setting all of the devices on your LAN back to a private address block should rid your network of many gremlins.
    E4600 Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win7 Pro, HD5570, HDHomeRun Prime, NPVR 3.6.6, 2 Popcorn Hour A-100's and a partridge in a pear tree...
    On a clear disk, you can seek forever...

i've known about this for years, i think i first assigned it before they ran out of ip4 internet addresses back in 05, so now they started using these also..
    one of the rfc's said it wasn't supposed to be routable, but i think it got superceded...
    either way, my router's nat translation has kept me working away fine since then.. so even tho it's a public type address, the public internet never sees it, so no conflict..
    newer technologies and security have started using it by the book now tho, so i guess i have to change it finally..
    lots of stuff to change on router and devices/machines so it may take a bit..lol
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Back on topic if you change the PIN and have the 2 remote streaming settings in config.xml Fred's client should work.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Back on topic if you change the PIN and have the 2 remote streaming settings in config.xml Fred's client should work.

Martin
    ATM there is no way to provide a custom PIN to the Client.
    I guess the only way to get it working with the current version is to use a private ip address range.
    I will probably add PIN support in a future release, but canít tell when exactly.

/Fred

these settings? or is there another?
    <AllowRemoteAPI>true</AllowRemoteAPI>
    <AllowRemoteTranscode>true</AllowRemoteTranscode>
    <AllowRemoteStreaming>true</AllowRemoteStreaming>

as this is my entire subnet using these ip's, will have to wait till i have time when not recording as i use a hdhr prime..
    but this weekend for sure..
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Yes but I think the PIN needs to be non-zero too. What about just calling the private IPv6 subnet fe80:::? Not sure if you can force Fred's client to use it but the web client server supports it.

Martin