Thread: Does app actually skip commercials?

Does app actually skip commercials?

Great app, Sub!

I see the comskip commercial break marks when viewing a show but the commercials are not skipped. Is there a setting somewhere to turn this feature on? I couldn't find one. I searched this forum but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

I don't think so but wouldn't it be great if it did :-)
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

In the General section of the config.xml, set AutoSkip to true
    Code:
    <AutoSkip>true</AutoSkip>
    EDIT: Ignore this post. It doesn't apply for the iOS App.
    Last edited by ElihuRozen; 2017-04-27 at 04:41 PM.
    Tuners: Ceton InfiniTV quad cable card tuner (PCIe). SD HDHR Connect Quatro Tuner (HDHR5-4US). Use only QAM on HDHR. HDPVR - for Fox owned channels.
    Viewing: Usually an NMT connected via MoCA. Sometimes directly on the server below. Sometimes when I travel I use an NMT served from my laptop with a portable hard-drive.
    EPG: XML from SchedulesDirect via MC2XML
    Provider: Verizon Fios
    Server: Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by ElihuRozen View Post
    In the General section of the config.xml, set AutoSkip to true
    Code:
    <AutoSkip>true</AutoSkip>
    But that doesn't apply to the iOS App right?
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    But that doesn't apply to the iOS App right?
    It does not apply. I was totally wrong.

I just look at what is new across all the forums & didn't pay attention to the fact that this was for the iOS App. I'll edit my previous post so nobody thinks it does apply if they don't see your post.
    Tuners: Ceton InfiniTV quad cable card tuner (PCIe). SD HDHR Connect Quatro Tuner (HDHR5-4US). Use only QAM on HDHR. HDPVR - for Fox owned channels.
    Viewing: Usually an NMT connected via MoCA. Sometimes directly on the server below. Sometimes when I travel I use an NMT served from my laptop with a portable hard-drive.
    EPG: XML from SchedulesDirect via MC2XML
    Provider: Verizon Fios
    Server: Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    I don't think so but wouldn't it be great if it did :-)

Ok, thanks jksmurf.

It was the last bullet point in this post on the forum Sticky thread that made me think there was a way for it to work. Maybe it was prep work for a future enhancement?

v1.3 has just been released on the App Store.

changes:

- fixes for minor compatibility issues with iOS 10
    - adding brief show desciption with Search results
    - fixed issue with guide timeline not using device time format
    - showing comskip markings in timeline

Still hoping for auto-skip in the future, but for now, the marking serve as a helpful visual reference so you can drag the slider to the end of a commercial break.
    Server - AMD 6 Core windows 10 with Hauppage WINTV-PVR2 USB2, HDHomerun Dual, and WINTV-HVR 1600 tuners | Clients -PCH A-100 and iOS

I found a few replies by Sub over in the feature request thread regarding FF and RW using swipe gestures. The swipe feature is a nice substitute until/if Comskip skipping becomes functional.

It seems to be a one minute skip interval which is is good, but an adjustable interval would be even better.