Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Unable to communicate with recording service"

"Unable to communicate with recording service"

I use NextPvr in Kodi and noticed it was no longer integrating (wouldn't load), and opened NextPVR and tried to watch live TV, and I would get the message "unable to communicate with recording service". I read some other threads on the matter and ended up opening the command prompt and tried to run Nrecord.exe and it worked fine. I could open NextPVR after that and I could see live TV. But when I restart the computer I am back to the same message. So obviously there is a problem running nrecord.exe within NextPVR. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine for a day then did it again. Not sure what the issue is. I'm not a computer techie so give it to me in plain language. Thanks.

After a reboot, post the C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Logs\NRecord.log and we'll take a look.

Unable to communicate....again!

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    After a reboot, post the C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Logs\NRecord.log and we'll take a look.
    I keep dealing with this issue and it seems to be related to Windows updates. This time, I couldn't restore the previous iteration for no given reason which has been how it usually has been resolved.

My logs are attached.

Don
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't attach nrecord.log

Every time I try to upload the attachment I get an upload error and it says it is an "invalid file"

Made a zip and that seemed to work

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mtstoll3 View Post
    Every time I try to upload the attachment I get an upload error and it says it is an "invalid file"
    As you've discovered, you need to zip your log files.

See attached
    It looks like it's started on there. Is that nrecord.log dated with the correct time for the reboot, or was this from when you manually ran nrecord.exe from the command prompt?

If you try manually starting the "NPVR Recording Service" service, do you get an error message?

Yes, now it seems to be working. Not sure what changed. I'm now just receiving problems with TV guide uploading from zap2it, with less than 24 hours info when it's supposed to give me 10 days worth, but that is another issue. Do you happen to have a better solution, ? I currently have task scheduler to auto download the guide and then update EPG 30 min later on NextPVR.

'm now just receiving problems with TV guide uploading from zap2it, with less than 24 hours info when it's supposed to give me 10 days worth, but that is another issue. Do you happen to have a better solution, ? I currently have task scheduler to auto download the guide and then update EPG 30 min later on NextPVR.
    Honestly, I'd just switch to Schedules Direct. It's so cheap it's just not worth wasting your time with issues created by zap2xml etc.

Could you direct me to the instructions on how to change the guide info. I remember doing zap2xml was a big pain, but don't remember how to do it. On the NextPVR side.

Nevermind, I just figured it out, and you're right it is much better. Thank you for the suggestion, worth $2/mo to avoid the headache.
    Last edited by mtstoll3; 2017-05-21 at 06:39 PM.