Thread: Artwork by show name

Artwork by show name

Is there a way of getting artwork by show, or is it only by recording id?

Ie: http://server:8866/service?method=re...recording_id=%

I'm trying to look for something for when I don't have access to the reocrding id (ie after reading the recording xml file.)
    eg:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <recording>
      <filename>\\aragorn\Recordings\Britains Got Talent\Britains Got Talent_20170708_19002000.ts</filename>
      <channel>TV ONE</channel>
      <status>READY</status>
      <startTime>2017-07-08 18:55:02</startTime>
      <endTime>2017-07-08 20:30:00</endTime>
      <channel_OID>7224</channel_OID>
      <title>Britain&apos;s Got Talent</title>
      <subtitle></subtitle>
      <description>Ant and Dec host the talent competition&apos;s fourth semi-final show as another group of talented performers take to the stage.</description>
      <uid></uid>
      <firstrun>true</firstrun>
      <rating>G</rating>
      <star_rating>7/8</star_rating>
      <genres>
        <genre>Series - Reality</genre>
      </genres>
    </recording>
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 10 Pro, NPVR 3.5.7, AC3Filter Client
    Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T with NPVR 3.9.2 Server
    1 x Roku3 and 1 x Apple TV4 with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex NextPVR Metadata Agent and Scanner for Plex

Is there a way of getting artwork by show, or is it only by recording id?
    You can call http://server:8866/service?method=ch...&event_id=xxxx to get the artwork for a show. This the same call you see you used in the TV Guide when you click on a show listing.

event_id is an is that's in the guide listing? Could I ask for a future feature request in that this id is posted to the recording xml files (the ones that accompany the .ts files).

This is for loading recordings into plex via the library, whereas I used to read them via a channel - where I had more access to the nextpvr metadata.
    Gigabyte AMD A8 Brix, 4 Gb DDR3 Ram, 120 Gb SSD, Samsung LA46A650 TV (HDMI), Harmony Remote 525
    Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual DVB-T with NPVR 3.9.2 Server
    1 x Roku3 and 1 x Apple TV4 with Plex, Plex Plugin, NextPVR Channel for Plex NextPVR Metadata Agent and Scanner for Plex

The event_id is only valid until the EPG is reloaded so you would need to load it into Plex before the nightly update. For "Record Once" the stored ID might even by wrong.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    The event_id is only valid until the EPG is reloaded so you would need to load it into Plex before the nightly update. For "Record Once" the stored ID might even by wrong.

Martin
    That should be ok, as content should be added just after the recording completes.

Or I could just implement a lookup to thetvdb, but that strikes me as a little messy.