Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.0.4 Skips Hang Playback

Quote Originally Posted by pBS View Post
    it just seems so predictably off, has been for years with npvr. back in pvrx2 days was last time it was perfect knowing where it currently was for skips.
    and i notice people have had problems with skipping oddly ever since.
    I suspect that this is a different issue ... I suspect that the problem that you describe was introduced with the transition from .dvrms to .ts containers ... There was a lot of effort and many improvements at the time but that skip problem never went away completely ... I have had unreliable skips in about 20% of my recordings ever since. For me, NextPVR is now skipping as well (and, sometimes, as badly) as it did before the new tsreader.
    i3-3250, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

still working on this? so close..
    I'm currently out of the country, but will take another look when I'm back home

nah, i never used .dvrms as ext, mine were all .mpg before..except for my hdpvr, which had to be .ts always[h.264]...and worked 100% flawlessly in pvrx2..except transition from 1 show to the next would freeze..but he moved on to npvr before it was addressed... [or i'd probably still be using it..lol]
    pvrx2 skipped .ts very nicely and reliably..but was stuck on dxva1 with windows XP mostly, but it's evr mode was sweet...live osd updates rocked.

i do like npvr tho. and can work around most of the small issues..and looking forward to using the new reader when it gets locked in..not quite there yet.. but close
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

nix the sports extend, after looking at logs, it was another recording's padding that ended game at that point skipping my padding..

but as an example of earlier point, tonite i made a manual 4 hr recording, and reader4 thought it was 4:01:16 long while reading live, but after stopping, it reads 4:00:48.
    [recording was finished in both cases] i assume it uses a different mode once recording is completed and no longer in-progress..
    that just doesn't 'sync up' and points to my other issue of it not knowing where it currently is playing precisely and total length.
    and one of those may be throwing the other off..

it just seems like a lot of effort spent fixing symptoms when i bet a fix of underlying problem will alleviate most of them by itself..
    Last edited by pBS; 2017-10-14 at 07:48 PM.

tonight a 4hr recording [3hr + 60 mins padding,no other recordings today] looked like 3:57:33 onscreen while still watching live after end, and 3:59:56 after stopping and viewing from recordings screen..[other players show 3:59:56 exactly as well]
    are you seeing this behavior there?

nah, i never used .dvrms as ext, mine were all .mpg before..except for my hdpvr, which had to be .ts always[h.264]...and worked 100% flawlessly in pvrx2..except transition from 1 show to the next would freeze..but he moved on to npvr before it was addressed... [or i'd probably still be using it..lol]
    pvrx2 skipped .ts very nicely and reliably..but was stuck on dxva1 with windows XP mostly, but it's evr mode was sweet...live osd updates rocked.
    I'm sorry my friend, but your memory is hazy - .ts playback in pvrx2 was very primitive, had all sorts of bugs, including issues with skipping and playback of in-progress recordings. (I remember the code very well, and still have it here...if it was good, I'd use it...I know where all the bodies were buried in that old ts playback functionality)

I posted a new thread yesterday but now I've used it more I've discovered its pretty inaccurate.

Using the old legacy ts reader option I'm getting major audio sync issues. It'll play in sync for a little while and then go out by anywhere from fractions of a second to seconds. Skipping back usually gets it back but it'll soon go out of sync again. I decided to try a bit harder with the new TS Reader and it plays back terribly in Client/Server mode for me. I never play back on the server - Its out in the garage in a Server cabinet. I'm running gigabit ethernet. If I copy the file to the local C: drive and play it it plays back flawlessly so its definately some sort of network buffer issue. I've systematically tried all of the tsreader4.ax files you've offered that related to buffers and playback stuttering but they don't appear to make any difference. Its the same using LAV or Microsoft DTV video decoder. I use the right click file open and open it from the network share and its flawless so its obviously client/server buffering or similar issues.

In the mean time the mix that is working best for me right now is I've made a Videos folder that paths to the network recordings share. If I play via the VIDEOS "plugin" the playback is pretty good. If you try to skip too many skips in one go the audio goes out a little but a typical 4 skip ad break is fine.

Do you need some logs or debugging logs for this Sub or are you aware already of issues with Client/Server playback?

Also with the tsreader4.ax type patches should we be putting them on the server, the client or both? I tended to try it on the client first and then test it on both to be sure. I wasn't sure if the reader was happening on the server and then streaming to the client or if the client is doing the .TS reading and the server is just handing the data to it rather than straight file access.

Let me know if you need anything and hopefully I'll be able to get some time on the pc in the evenings - If you need to look remotely we could work that out as I'm blessed with 100/100 fibre now after years stuck on ADSL. Samples are no problem too although I doubt you need them as you record the same transports I do here in NZ.
    Matt Beechey
    Intel i5-4440, 4096mb DDR3 Ram, Windows 7 Pro
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (2 out of 4 of these I've bought works! Great QC Hauppauge!)
    1 x Hauppauge hvr-2200 and 1 x Hauppauge Colossus
    500gb Seagate for O/S
    2 x 500GB SATA3 WD Black in a Windows Stripe for recordings
    All hidden in the garage with an Intel i5 NUC and a logitech Harmony one remote in the lounge for playback.
    Panasonic 65" 2013 GT Series 3D plasma

----------------------------
    New Zealand - Go Crusaders!

pBS, any chance you got allow me remote access to your HDPVR machine, so I can take a look why you're having problems with live tv starting?

sure...anytime.. just let me know..
    i have previous reader4 installed right now.

Thanks. PM me the connection details and I'll take a look.

Just backup that versions of the reader in case you want to go back to it.