Thread: Problem switching to any SD channels from guide - ok from direct channel selection

Problem switching to any SD channels from guide - ok from direct channel selection

Running NPVR 4.0.4 with HDHomeRun (very latest firmware).

Using NextPVR application (on windows 10), OR on any version of Kodi, I can not use the program guide to switch to ANY standard def channels. No issues at all with HD channels or going directly to the channel from the channel selection. This is specific to selecting a show from the guide and pressing the SWITCH button.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Running NPVR 4.0.4 with HDHomeRun (very latest firmware).

Using NextPVR application (on windows 10), OR on any version of Kodi, I can not use the program guide to switch to ANY standard def channels. No issues at all with HD channels or going directly to the channel from the channel selection. This is specific to selecting a show from the guide and pressing the SWITCH button.

Any help is appreciated.
    Bump... Anyone?

Can you supply the logs showing it in the NextPVR app?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Can you supply the logs showing it in the NextPVR app?
    Are you wanting the logs from the kodi clients (pvr.nvpr) or from the npvr server? Please also let me know the file names, so I can grab them and send to you right away.

Thanks
    J

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Are you wanting the logs from the kodi clients (pvr.nvpr) or from the npvr server? Please also let me know the file names, so I can grab them and send to you right away.
    NextPVR Settings --> About has a button that will zip the NextPVR log files for you.

For Kodi ... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced
    i3-3250, 4 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N210
    1 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2
    1 x TBS 6281 dual DVB-T2
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-t PCI

I wont you to reproduce the problem in NextPVR's UI (rather than Kodi), then zip and post the logs.

Ok, here is the zipped log from the windows 10 machine running the front and backend NextPVR.

Hope I have the correct files.

Configuration is HDHomerun streaming to this windows 10 machine. I ran the Nextpvr client on the same windows 10 machine and attempted to change to a non-HD channel. I hear audio for 1/2 a second, but no picture. After that screen is black and no sound.
    Attached Files Attached Files

On the Settings->Decoders screen, if you tick 'use legacy reader and demux', does it make any difference?

Well.... maybe

It seems that the SD channels (some of them) are working part time now. When they work, they work fine, but at least 60% of the time I get the blank screen.

What is strange is this: When I bring up the "pinned channels" window and use that method to change channels, I don't see any issues. This problem only occurs when using the Guide or regular channel selection methods.

I've attached another log showing my use of all these methods this morning. Hopefully there will be something in there to give us a clue.

I do NOT remember ever having these problems with the older versions of NPVR. I recently upgraded to the latest sw. But, in fairness, I also upgraded the firmware on the HDhomerun, so perhaps some incompatibility with these two upgrades.

To me it is strange that all works when using the "pinned channel" selector. I would think if there was transcoding, decoder type issue, it would be present no matter how I select the channel. You guys are the gurus, so you know much better about this than I do.

Thank you for your assistance.
    J
    Attached Files Attached Files