Thread: NextPVR on Kodi drops guide data and channels after awaking

NextPVR on Kodi drops guide data and channels after awaking

Hi,

I've got a problem which only happens when Kodi wakes from sleep. After the PC wakes, I find that I never have any guide data and on some occasions I have no channels at all. Restarting Kodi fixes the problem. Guide data and channels seems to be all present and accounted for if I access it through NextPVR itself.

I'm using NextPVR 4.0.4 and Kodi 17.4 (I've tried nightly builds to see if it fixes the problem but it doesn't) on a Windows 10 Pro OS. Can send logs if required just let me know which ones (I've found the auto log uploader to be a bit flakey as it generally says the website's unavailable but here's (https://paste.ubuntu.com/25659622/) a log I did manage to upload).

I'm at a loss to explain what's going on here. I don't think it's NextPVR but could it be the plugin? Could it be a firewall rule issue (I'm not sure how the addin accesses NextPVR's info)? Any thoughts?

SRJ.

Duplicate the problem and zip up your NextPVR logs from the set up screen. Your Kodi log shows it is not connecting to NextPVR but if it works on a restart it probably is not firewall.

Martin

Log file attached. This should have the failure itself (hopefully) and then it working as I shut down Kodi and then restarted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by StroppyOz View Post
    Log file attached. This should have the failure itself (hopefully) and then it working as I shut down Kodi and then restarted.
    You didn't include your Kodi.log but it may be related to fact that you are keeping Kodi alive and after the resume the pvr addon doesn't request a new session id even though the old session is expired.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    You didn't include your Kodi.log but it may be related to fact that you are keeping Kodi alive and after the resume the pvr addon doesn't request a new session id even though the old session is expired.

Martin
    Oops. Didn't realise you wanted the kodi.log as well. Given this issue happens every time the PC wakes it's not hard to grab them again.

This time Kodi hadn't dropped all the channels but just the guide info. At it's worse, it drops everything.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/25703142/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok I was confused until I figured our you must run a task that restarts your server every night at 2:30 or so. After that you keep Kodi running but it connections to NextPVR are failing sometimes because after it wakes up before the network card is ready ie

03:29:01.717 T:9292 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://127.0.0.1:8866/service?method=recording.lastupdated&sid=f6cb35030 3ca464cbd0a62d2a5c949ff>
    03:29:01.717 T:9292 NOTICE: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Disabling recording update. Update NextPVR to v3.4

05:09:10.091 T:9316 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://127.0.0.1:8866/service?method=channel.list&sid=f6cb350303ca464cbd 0a62d2a5c949ff>

It looks like the network card or green router is taking almost a minute to wake up.

After the card wakes up eventually connections are okay but Kodi and NextPVR are out of sync but by the nature of the connection Kodi is not aware of the failed connections.

At 8:07 when the servers wakes up it is in a better state but I am guessing that Kodi thinks the last update was around 5:14 (1507486405) and so it doesn't request any more guide updates even though the previous attempt failed.

Martin

Ok I was confused until I figured our you must run a task that restarts your server every night at 2:30 or so. After that you keep Kodi running but it connections to NextPVR are failing sometimes because after it wakes up before the network card is ready
    You're right, it does do that because I found that by not doing so, I ended up with window update errors and issues. However, I certainly didn't expect it to break Kodi.

It looks like the network card or green router is taking almost a minute to wake up.
    I checked the power saving features of the NIC and turned them off some time ago. Will double check them and BIOS too to ensure the card does not go to sleep.

The question I have is, is how to fix this. Is it potentially because Kodi doesn't do the reboot? Or, is it because the EPG update in NextPVR is not picked up by Kodi after the reboot (the system reboots, then does an EPG update but I'm guessing Kodi doesn't see that as it's already loaded and updated the EPG).

Regards,
    Stuart

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm experiencing the same general issue. When my PC wakes up from sleep the NextPVR addon isn't coming up, so no LiveTV or Guide menus are available.

Quote Originally Posted by sandflea View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm experiencing the same general issue. When my PC wakes up from sleep the NextPVR addon isn't coming up, so no LiveTV or Guide menus are available.
    I don't think so. From memory, I removed the daily scheduled reboot task and then reinstalled everything (including Windows).

I've also not set up my EPG crawler yet which did it's work around the same time as the reboot. Now it doesn't automatically reboot and the EPG is set to DVB rather than XMLTV but it doesn't drop the channels either. Mind you, it worked fine with the XMLTV crawler I used provided I didn't automatically reboot.