Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New UI facelift anyone?

thanks, wish i had known about those documents a little earlier, i figured out a lot though in the last few days and know a little now about pulling some data from the backend and have made some mini-guide data... so you can now go into a channel and see everything for that channel in a categorized-by-day timeline.

it would be cool if the backed made some kind of keyword arrays based off the titles in your library.. i'd like to pull data from the guide based on stuff that you've recorded/watched. kind of like a recommendation type page to display shows that you might be interested in.. any idea if this would be feasible the way the current backend is setup?

Edit: where do you find the parameters in the api.. all the request urls show as null.
    Last edited by stevie; 2017-10-16 at 11:16 AM.

That API is UJB'S JSON API not sub's undocumented API used throughout modern. You can differentiate the two in the js code with the different base URL's /public vs. /services/service To figure out the parameters you probably need to took at the database tables and maybe dig into sub's .NET functions in NShared.dll and NUtility.dll. The current javascript has some examples but you can also look at sub's Kodi PVR addon for some usage of his API. For UJB's API you can look at my python code in x-newa or at C# code in Emby.

Both API's priovide access to the recordings list.

Mart

i couldn't find much in the ASP stuff except a lot of code lol.. i think it pulls everything directly from the db tables..the json format is easier for me to work around and i like how i can use ajax to pull stuff dynamically, even after the page has loaded. i'd like to see what else is available to gather more data from it, i'd also like to do some sorting and wondering if there were any more parameters.
    any how.. thought i'd share how the Channels UI looks that is replacing the Now page looks so far.. not all on that page is visible (ie the rest of the UI).. got to keep some stuff a secret
    i'd like to add some other options to it like setup channel to record, but right now you can play channel and click the icon to go into its listing that is sorted similar to the last image i posted.. who ever wants to lend a hand to add stuff is welcome to.

edit: decided to upload a zip of the screenshot instead as the forum severely compresses the image and makes the colors not be accurate or the fonts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stevie; 2017-10-16 at 05:01 PM.

I have foundhttp://sqlitebrowser.org/ to be a good utility to examine the DB file.

You can always write your own API server-side to the DB or just interface directly to the DB.

I think you will end up doing your sorting in the client. Depending on what you want to do you might be able to use an API parameter(s) to refine the query so you do not have to sort as much data.
    Last edited by scJohn; 2017-10-16 at 08:15 PM.
    Server:
    CPU- Intel I5-8400, Ram -12GB, SSD - 128GB, HDD - 1TB, Turners - Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD, OS - Win 10 Home, Router - TP-Link Archer C7(AC1750).

Clients:
    Intel NUC CPU - Intel N3700, RAM - 4GB, SSD - 128GB, OS - Win 10, Wired Ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by scJohn View Post
    You can always write your own API server-side to the DB.
    No - don't do that. We don't need or want a 3rd API.

Chances are, whatever data he needs is already available via the existing APIs. If you can't find an call to get the data you want, ask and we'll let you know if it exists, otherwise we can add it.

/public/DetailsService/{OID}
    need json parameter for pulling a specific listing id.
    and
    /public/GuideService/Channel/{OID}

In general, you'd be better off using the /service?method=.... style calls, since I can I develop these, so can answer questions on them and modify for you. For the these NEWA /public API calls you need UJB.

Is this request for the guide? If so, you should already see it making calls to /services/service?method=channel.listings&channel_id=xxx, which return the channel listings, and those results are cached on the client side, which you can then access the details for a specific listing by id.

yeah i saw some those, but from what i can tell, it gets the entire list of channels or the whole list of epg data for said channel. i want to select specific channel information or specific data for a specific listing so i can add a recording option when viewing a specific channel. basically, need to pull information from the show that user wants to record.

the /pubic ones i posted above will get the info that i am looking for in json format, was curious if there was one using the /service parameter instead.

It'd help if I can understand how you're trying to use this. Is this for the now page, or the tv guide, or some new page?

Either way, I can definitely give you what you need, but understanding what you're trying to do, will help me determine if we already have call that does what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie View Post
    /public/DetailsService/{OID}
    need json parameter for pulling a specific listing id.
    and
    /public/GuideService/Channel/{OID}
    Sub's API is more geared to Kodi which populates a database so adhoc queries aren't needed. Wth UJB you still need to fetch all the OID's so it depends on how much you want to buffer yourself.

FWIW I personally decided to primarily use UJB's interface because sub didn't want to rework his Kodi XML API in JSON and I believe the Emby developers choose it for that reason too. The real beauty of UJB's interface is the swagger documentation and testing but I also found having the API source available and being able to add functions and server-side debugging to NEWA myself helped a lot. Sub's API can also be painful for debugging with all the SPAM it writes into the logs. Since I use the API extensively I am pretty sure I can help you almost as much as UJB.

Martin