Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X-NEWA 2.5.3 Release

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I can see errors that make me think your SD card is full or corrupt.

Martin
    oh...ok. Thanks Martin. Will see how I go with reformatting and reinstalling the whole shebang...
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    oh...ok. Thanks Martin. Will see how I go with reformatting and reinstalling the whole shebang...
    That fixed it.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Glad you got it sorted out. SD card problems are not uncommon on the RPi.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Glad you got it sorted out. SD card problems are not uncommon on the RPi.

Martin
    Hmmm. I wonder if it is because they bend over time in the spring loaded mechanism on the RPi2? Is RPi3 also an issue? I do have a cloned card and have saved a backup but are there any suggestions for a bullet-proof SD? Ta.

I have a few RPi's and after intermittent crashes and failures to boot I now just use the sd card to boot and then switch to a small USB memory stick for the o/s etc and dismount the sd card. Never had a problem since other than the occasion loss of wifi, but understand that is a Broadcom problem. with the RPi3 I gather you can boot from USB directly after a bit of a tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by martint123 View Post
    ...with the RPi3 I gather you can boot from USB directly after a bit of a tweak.
    Cheers Martin; might need to look into that. Bit of a bear when it goes down.