Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Number of TV tuner cards required

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    12

    Number of TV tuner cards required

    Hello,

    I recall reading in the forums somewhere that if for the Australian Digital tv channels you don't necessarily need a tuner for each client connected as some of the stations run on the same frequency and you can watch different channels on different clients with the same tuner. I can't find this post.

    Can anyone point me to this information? I'm trying to determine how many tuners I would need to support up to 12 clients.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    84,566
    Quote Originally Posted by karmakoma View Post
    I'm trying to determine how many tuners I would need to support up to 12 clients.
    It depends...

    If those 12 clients are just trying to watch the same channel, or channels on the same frequency, then you only need one tuner.

    One tuner can tuner one frequency at a time. For an indication of what channels are on the same frequency, look at the tables at https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_...ew_(Australia). Each group of channels on the same frequency share the same color. Another version of the table is here http://vk3khb.gak.net.au/atv/chnlchrt.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    12
    Thanks very much sub. Looks l like 5 tuners to cover the certified of all the digital TV channels in Sydney (6 if you count community channel).

    Btw, I still haven't received your email regarding commercial license.

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    84,566
    Quote Originally Posted by karmakoma View Post
    Thanks very much sub. Looks l like 5 tuners to cover the certified of all the digital TV channels in Sydney (6 if you count community channel).

    Btw, I still haven't received your email regarding commercial license.

    Cheers
    That is really odd - I'm not aware of anyone else having email issues. I'll resend the reply via PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Louisiana, US
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by karmakoma View Post
    Thanks very much sub. Looks l like 5 tuners to cover the certified of all the digital TV channels in Sydney (6 if you count community channel).

    Btw, I still haven't received your email regarding commercial license.

    Cheers
    You might want to check out these videos, i think you might find them helpful.
    https://youtu.be/KI0LuIcFM98
    Tuners:
    Hauppauge HVR-950
    Hauppauge Dual HD Model #1595
    OS:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by default_user8 View Post
    You might want to check out these videos, i think you might find them helpful.
    https://youtu.be/KI0LuIcFM98
    That's brilliant! Thanks very much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •