Thread: Guide Scrolling

Guide Scrolling

I am having excellent success in using X-NEWA on two of my Android devices, a Samsung tablet and a Motorola cellphone. Live TV in HD is wonderful!(on the local LAN so far...)

But both devices exhibit the same issue with the TV Guide: The guide does show only the channels that are in the channel group I've set in Settings. But if use the up or down sweep gesture, it seems that I can only view the first and last pages and nothing in between. This behavior is the same regardless of the channel group.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there some way to change channels directly using keypad input?
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - AMD HD6670 Video
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8 - Total Media Extreme - VLC
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

I don't support gestures in general however if you are able to get from the first to last page then I would expect it should scroll the same way for other pages since assuming you are using web client it doesn't have a clue what page you are on.

With a keyboard the number keys tune but I don't know how to activate a touch keypad.

Martin

AFAIK, when the user touches an input box, a virtual keyboard automatically appears, like in the Settings dialog when inputting the Host IP. Could something like this be done on the TV screen to allow a channel change? Or a scroll arrow on the guide screen?
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - AMD HD6670 Video
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8 - Total Media Extreme - VLC
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Now I understand what you would like but I am not interested in doing this or adding gesture support. Kodi doesn't give me x y coordinates so random mouse and touch control is "pointless". You might be able to navigate the xnewa classic guide with touch and there always is sub's pvr addon

Martin