Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NextPVR Android client now available

+1!
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleC_USA View Post
    Are there any plans to add Casting? Link to a chromecast?
    Kyle
    +1
    ASUS P5K-PRO Q9300 2.5GHz | Win10x64 | 6GB RAM | NVIDIA GEforce 210 | 1 x WinTV DMB-TH | Various HD's | AC68U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | Hauppauge Colossus |
    If you've ever become frustrated because something in NextPVR is not working, take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Davidw4648, moved your posts here:
    https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...036#post523036

Any plans for Android TV support?

Quote Originally Posted by browned View Post
    Any plans for Android TV support?
    This is one of several posts on the subject that you are looking for ... https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...315#post523315
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Good to know just easier for me to pay and download it from amazon for apps.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Looks good sub. I'd like to be able to see recording schedules and schedule recordings from my Android phone. I'm assuming, in order to use this, we'll have to:
    • Have androd device (i.e. phone or tablet) be on local network
    • Expose NPVR to the internet

If we expose NPVR to the internet, what ports exactly do we need to open up?
    I would not expose any application on my local network to the internet in today's world of 7x24 hacking. If you want to use NPVR when you are away from your home and your internet upload speed is large enough then a much better idea would be to use only an OPENVPN server on your router or in your LAN and log in through that from your smartphone, tablet or laptop. Once you are logged in its the same as being at home in your living room. Everything is suddenly local upon login.

Solutions that work well include a router like say an Asus RT-AC68u or 86u running either stock firmware or the optional free f/w at https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/ . Either has a built in OPENVPN server. Another idea is if you have an old spare pc with windows 7 or newer (or even Linux) you could set up your own VPN server at home using the open source VPN Server software at https://www.softether.org/5-download and not spend anything.

A new 1.3.180426 build of Android app was posted today:
    Updated to Exoplayer 2.7.1
    Fixed issue where each skip during playback of a recording could leak memory.
    Added 'Direct Play' option, for devices that are capable of playing your channels without transcoding.
    Server auto discovery will continue until a server is found, or manually entered.
    Now returning to previous screen when playback is complete
    Improved support for non-touch devices, like NVidia shield. Still more todo, so not officially publishing with Android TV support in Play store just yet.
    Probably the most interesting item here is the new 'Direct Play' setting, which will attempt to play the original stream without transcoding. Countries with H.264 video (like here in NZ), will have more luck than countries that uses MPEG2 video. This feature will be useful for MPEG2 countries later though, when people are using Android TV devices that are capable of MPEG2 playback (like the NVidia shield etc).

UPDATE: As of 3/16/2018, Google had blocked uncertified devices from accessing the Play Store
    Server Backend running Nextpvr 3.2.9 on Windows 7 64bit, ASUS M4A785T-M AMD Quad Core 8GB Memory
    Internal SSD 250GB OS , w/2 SATA HD a 3TB and 500GB
    HDHomerun Prime with 3 Tuners
    Netgear Duo v2 with 3TB Raid 1, NAS320 with 4TB Raid 1
    Zotac Mini ION PC Windows 7 64bit
    Acer Latpop AMD Quad core Windiows 64bit
    NMT PH A100, A110, and a HDX 1000
    2014 Samsung Model H5500
    XBMC
    GB Switch, All Wireless AP running 11n only 2.4 and 5 mhz Dual Band

Quote Originally Posted by dljones8053 View Post
    UPDATE: As of 3/16/2018, Google had blocked uncertified devices from accessing the Play Store
    Google lets people register their device ID's or their Google Play Services Framework Device ID so you can white-list your uncertified device with Google. Many of us have been having to certify (white-list) our devices with Google so we can get Netflix on an uncertified device for awhile now.
    Last edited by p37307; 2018-05-06 at 09:52 PM. Reason: clearified
    ~Paul

Setup: NextPVR, Serviio, WinTV-quadHD and WinTV-HVR-955Q. Custom Roku channel developer. Feeding Tube Advocate. About me or http://chambers.pw.

If you haven't broken it at least once, you're not doing it right.