Thread: Suggestions for Android

Suggestions for Android

Great work! A few things I've noticed:
    - The app icon on telephones is still the default Android icon;
    - When I scroll to the right (in time) in the TV Guide and scroll down to other channels, the guide goes back to the current time;

Wishes:
    - WakeOnLan,
    - Use the app outside of my own network.

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Digital Devices Cine CT, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Raspberry Pi 2 OpenElec Kodi client, Gigabyte Brix 2807 OpenElec Kodi client

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Not here it isn't - Here it's a custom NPVR icon

Use the app outside of my own network.
    Done (in the latest version) ... I have just set-up port forwarding on my router ... disabled wifi on my Android device ... The NextPVR app asks me to enter a server, I entered the external IP of my router and the NextPVR app connected.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

That's weird - it shouldn't be. I checked the project, and it looks like it's using the custom NextPVR icon.

Is anyone else confirm the same problem?

- When I scroll to the right (in time) in the TV Guide and scroll down to other channels, the guide goes back to the current time;
    Where on the screen are you scrolling? Are you sure you're not tapping in the channel list on the left? This is mean to take it back to the current time. You should scrolling around using the actual guide page of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    That's weird - it shouldn't be. I checked the project, and it looks like it's using the custom NextPVR icon.

Is anyone else confirm the same problem?

Where on the screen are you scrolling? Are you sure you're not tapping in the channel list on the left? This is mean to take it back to the current time. You should scrolling around using the actual guide page of the screen.
    We see this on two phones:

Name:  Screenshot_20180331-195515.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  19.6 KB

On our tablet it show the blue icon with NPVR in it. Reinstalling didn't help.

About navigation: I did some more testing and it only happens when I have my phone in portrait mode. I open the quide, swipe to the left to get the time later in the day. Then swip up to go to lower channels and after this it shows the guide for the current time. Not a big problem to be hones, it works fine in landscape mode.

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Digital Devices Cine CT, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Raspberry Pi 2 OpenElec Kodi client, Gigabyte Brix 2807 OpenElec Kodi client

I can confirm that with the latest version 1.2.180331d(21) I can use the app from outside my network.Great!
    And I also found out I don't need WakeOnLan, since my router can do this for me when try to reach the nextpvr server from outside my network.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbouti; 2018-03-31 at 06:14 PM.

We see this on two phones:

Name:  Screenshot_20180331-195515.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  19.6 KB

On our tablet it show the blue icon with NPVR in it. Reinstalling didn't help.

About navigation: I did some more testing and it only happens when I have my phone in portrait mode. I open the quide, swipe to the left to get the time later in the day. Then swip up to go to lower channels and after this it shows the guide for the current time. Not a big problem to be hones, it works fine in landscape mode.

Chris
    Ok - I'll look into it.

I'm guessing it's something to do with being configured for round icons. Maybe the android app has separate icon resources for square vs round icons, and only the square icon is set.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Fixed for the next build.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yeah, that seems to be the case. Fixed for the next build.
    Thanks!