Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant' connect.

Quote Originally Posted by p37307 View Post
    I'll upload my logs when I get back to the computer.
    Yeah, I think I'll need to see the logs. Restart the recording service prior to the attempt, to reset the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Yeah, I think I'll need to see the logs. Restart the recording service prior to the attempt, to reset the logs.
    Attached. Also, after I tried the Android App and got the can't connect, make sure NextPvr is running message I tried through Chrome browser and was able to load everything fine. The IP of the Android based phone is 192.168.0.140
    Last edited by p37307; 2018-04-18 at 08:52 PM. Reason: removed logs
    ~Paul

Setup: NextPVR, Serviio, WinTV-quadHD and WinTV-HVR-955Q. Custom Roku channel developer. Feeding Tube Advocate. About me or http://chambers.pw.

If you haven't broken it at least once, you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by p37307 View Post
    Attached. Also, after I tried the Android App and got the can't connect, make sure NextPvr is running message I tried through Chrome browser and was able to load everything fine. The IP of the Android based phone is 192.168.0.140
    Unfortunately those logs don't show any login attempt from the app. Can you kill the app, restart the recording service, then try running the Android app, then zip up the logs again?

sub, I did a couple things and then it worked.

To clarify, no autodiscovery appeared. I had to manually add the local IP address.

first, I cleared all the app data and cache on android. Restarted the service on the desktop, entered the local IP, Tried to connect, nothing.

Then I did as you requested, it would not connect.
    Then I turned off my VPN (Trust.Zone with autostart with the desktop) and the IP was auto discovered then the android app connected.
    I turned my VPN back on and it remained connected.
    I killed the app and it would reconnect.

So I restarted my computer, my VPN autostarted as usual and NPVR app connected.

I tried it on 2 android devices.

So all is good.

I didn't adjust any of my network settings to get it to work. I just shut down the VPN, let the andorid app autodiscover once instead of manual IP, connected and restarted VPN.

Not sure if you want to run VPN troubleshooting in your testing or not but this was my problem.

(2 sets of logs are uploaded. 1 before the desktop restart and one after)
    Last edited by p37307; 2018-04-18 at 08:52 PM. Reason: removed logs
    ~Paul

Setup: NextPVR, Serviio, WinTV-quadHD and WinTV-HVR-955Q. Custom Roku channel developer. Feeding Tube Advocate. About me or http://chambers.pw.

OK - glad to hear you got it working, and know generally where the problem is (around VPN) in case you need to deal with it again. I'm not going to mess around with setting up VPNs here to try reproducing.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'm not going to mess around with setting up VPNs here to try reproducing.
    Thanks again sub.

I've done some testing and going to do more troubleshooting and try to see what's going. I'm going use some other autodiscovery programs/apps too and see if they issues.

I've already tested the autodiscovery features in the Android VLC app and it too had issues getting to the local IP connection verses the VPN connection being broadcast.

I have a feeling it is on Trust.Zone program side than the app.

I installed the Trust.Zone program on my test computer without customizing any install or network settings, letting it just install with its default preferences and I had the same problem. I had to disable Trust.Zone, let the app find the network and then everything went fine after that. Same with VLC. I then removed the Trust.Zone program and just manually setup my VPN connection through Windows without their program, setup NPVR app on a third android device and it connected without disabling the manual VPN connection.

As more people are going to use VPN's in the future, esp if they use the new IPTV features of late within NextPVR, there might be more support tickets. Hopefully this will serve as a hint or direction for anyone that has issues with VPN, esp trust.zone VPN.
    ~Paul

I get the same "can't connect, make sure NextPvr is running" message. I have 2 PC clients that work great, but not the app. Are there certain settings that have to be adjusted in the server settings for the APP? My server is Running 4.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by dlindyds View Post
    I get the same "can't connect, make sure NextPvr is running" message. I have 2 PC clients that work great, but not the app. Are there certain settings that have to be adjusted in the server settings for the APP? My server is Running 4.1.1.
    You should open a new thread with your logs. Open NPVR, go to settings, and in the About section click "Zip my log files and show where the zip file is"

My issue had to do with networking and VPN, which, sub, the recent update to Windows 10 had some fixes and corrected my issue permanently so far. No more shutting down my the VPN, connecting then starting up the VPN.

Name:  zip.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  20.1 KB
    ~Paul

Do I need to start a new thread considering I am having the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dlindyds View Post
    Do I need to start a new thread considering I am having the same problem?
    Yeah, probably worth creating a new thread. You're probably not using a VPN, so likely to be a different issue.