Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: External Access

Yeah, it's certainly thrown me before too.

Do the Android/iOS apps require the same 'config.xml' edit that remote Kodi requires?

C:\Users\Public\NPVR\config.xml

<AllowRemoteAPI>true</AllowRemoteAPI>
    <AllowRemoteTranscode>true</AllowRemoteTranscode>
    <AllowRemoteStreaming>true</AllowRemoteStreaming>

If I recall correctly, the third option wasn't configurable via the GUI settings and a non-default pin had to be set to allow remote access.

Quote Originally Posted by TDown View Post
    Do the Android/iOS apps require the same 'config.xml' edit that remote Kodi requires?
    Yes same config and api - just slightly different approach to streaming video.

If I recall correctly, the third option wasn't configurable via the GUI settings and a non-default pin had to be set to allow remote access.
    That's the web app you're thinking about, which takes a username and password. It doesn't allow you to use the default values when connecting remotely.

Just installed the android app. Could there be an option to specify a port when connecting externally? I have 8866 forwarded but give it a different external port. I could change the external port if there isn't an opiton, but i try to use non-default ports.

When you manually add a server, in the address field you can add :xxxx with the port number. If not specified, the default is :8866