Thread: Navigation on non-touch devices...

Navigation on non-touch devices...

I have my setup working flawlessly....I have my android TV boxes running the NextPVR apk. These devices of course are not touch screen...can the next apk update be more non-touch navigation friendly? I use the remotes they came with and the directional button won't work....since there aren't pre-defined boxes that can be clicked on. I have to use mouse mode to move an arrow across the screen.

I'd pointed out in several places that this is only a phone/tablet app at this stage, and only publish it on the Play store for those categories of devices.

I am working towards making it compatible with Android TV, but that'll be a while (a lot of work).

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I'd pointed out in several places that this is only a phone/tablet app at this stage, and only publish it on the Play store for those categories of devices.

I am working towards making it compatible with Android TV, but that'll be a while (a lot of work).
    OK got it!
    Well just like my tuner cards running in my system....I'LL STAY TUNED to the future android .apk updates!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post

Just submitted a donation in hopes for Android TV support. I love the way NextPVR runs on PC, and would enjoy seeing a similar app for Android TV. I would prefer a stand-alone app that doesn't require connection to a separate PC if possible, but may be asking a bit much. In any case, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by TLDspectre View Post
    Just submitted a donation in hopes for Android TV support. I love the way NextPVR runs on PC, and would enjoy seeing a similar app for Android TV. I would prefer a stand-alone app that doesn't require connection to a separate PC if possible, but may be asking a bit much. In any case, keep up the good work!
    The android app is being updated to work on Android TV. It's a client app though, so will still need NextPVR to be installed on a PC somewhere on the network.

Awesome!!!! I noticed the update in app already!! Sweet giblets.....now I can navigate through the app like a rock-star!!!

Will we have an option to see GROUPS like we can in the server when we go to TV-Guide? I've just recently added my IPTV provider info and it works great! On the server, I can go to GROUPS to see just ATSC channels, IPTV channels, UK channels, USA channels etc.....helps me to navigate the wealth of channels easier.

Never mind.....I found it in settings in the app.