Thread: EPG Language Setting

EPG Language Setting

Hi,

I have seen this in various places as questions from users so I am adding this as part of the wish list (as I also have the same issue).
    For countries where there are more than one EPG languages available via OTA, there is no way to choose which one to use.

Which also creates a problem if viewing TV from within Kodi, because Kodi tries to load the EPG whose language is the same as the Kodi interface language and it fails if different.

Currently this can be work rounded by using XMLTV grabbers and download EPG of the needed language manually (or as aa scheduled task) and then setup the XMLTV file in the channels setup from within Nextpvr which is not the most delicate solution (as it requires 3rd party, external to Nextpvr application).

It would be great if this got implemented at some point in time.

Thanks and regards

Can you use the eval version of tscapture (from http://tscapture.com) to capture a 1 minute full transport stream from DVB, then let me know the download link for the file? I'll check it out.

Sure sub, I'll do and revert back.
    Many thanks for your reply.

Hi Sub,

Please find the link below:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmtCz-mPInTyjJc2ina3OhzlvP8Qtg

I have also included EPG Collector .ini and .log files, they might be helpful.

I've added the ability to specify the preferred EIT language in the next release.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I've added the ability to specify the preferred EIT language in the next release.
    Many thanks sub, that is great news!

Sub, is it possible (as I am now reinstalling my PC and don't want to go through the hassle again of setting up the 3rd party software), to get a preview of the enhancement before next release comes?
    Like you usually do by providing updated nshared.dll sometimes?

Unfortunately it required changes to a few files, and a new setting in config.xml, so not practical to supply it as a patch.

Unfortunately it required changes to a few files, and a new setting in config.xml, so not practical to supply it as a patch.
    Sorry to hear, but what can we do....I'll wait for the next release :-)
    Many thanks for your reply.