Thread: Unexpected result when deleting a pending recording

Unexpected result when deleting a pending recording

I am using:
    `service?method=recording.delete&recording_id=${id }`
    to delete 1 pending recording. There were 9 other pending recordings for the same show(Nightly News for Mon - Fri). Also there was a Recurring master for Nightly News.

After execution of the above API, not only was the requested pending deleted, all of the other 9 pending were also deleted. And the recurring master was also deleted.

I was expecting to have just the the 1 pending to be deleted. Is there something I'm missing?

All of the existing recordings with Status: ready were not touched.

Thanks,
    Server:
    CPU- Intel I5-8400, Ram -12GB, SSD - 128GB, HDD - 1TB, Turners - Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD, OS - Win 10 Home, Router - TP-Link Archer C7(AC1750).

Clients:
    Intel NUC CPU - Intel N3700, RAM - 4GB, SSD - 128GB, OS - Win 10, Wired Ethernet.

That is the intended behavior of that call when a pending recording is passed in. If it's a part of a recurring recording, it'll delete the recurring recording (and all the pending recordings associated with it)

Is there a call that will just delete the one pending and leave everything else alone?
    Server:
    CPU- Intel I5-8400, Ram -12GB, SSD - 128GB, HDD - 1TB, Turners - Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD, OS - Win 10 Home, Router - TP-Link Archer C7(AC1750).

Clients:
    Intel NUC CPU - Intel N3700, RAM - 4GB, SSD - 128GB, OS - Win 10, Wired Ethernet.

No, not when it's part of a recurring recording. That has never really been a feature in NextPVR, since it'll just get recreated at the next EPG update anyway.

Quick follow up question. When the recurring recording is deleted, will any pending recordings based upon that recurring recording also be deleted?

Thanks
    Server:

Clients:

Quote Originally Posted by scJohn View Post
    When the recurring recording is deleted, will any pending recordings based upon that recurring recording also be deleted?
    Yes, associated pending recordings will be deleted.