Thread: Question about how scheduled timer updates are handled if increase guide data updates

Question Question about how scheduled timer updates are handled if increase guide data updates

Lets say the wife records all masterchef episodes, I have npvr update guide at 7:15am daily, the show starts at 7:30pm and goes to 8:30pm, during the day the guide is updated at some point and show now runs 7:30pm - 8:46pm. My end padding time was 15 mins and it misses the end time.. its increased now to 30 mins but this is getting slightly extensive.

Since my data is coming from the internet, scraped from http://freeview.com.au I can make a scheduled task to import many times per day.
    I was going to use -updateepgonly option to import updated data.

My question is how does npvr work in regards to handling new guide data.
    1. Does npvr update recordings after each update of the guide data?
    2. What happens if the guide is updated while the recording is in progress and that recording has an updated end time? Hopefully it updates recording end time?

Plan is to get data every 2 or 4 hours as needed if this works out well. Hopefully this would catch any programming updates.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by i286 View Post
    My question is how does npvr work in regards to handling new guide data.
    1. Does npvr update recordings after each update of the guide data?
    2. What happens if the guide is updated while the recording is in progress and that recording has an updated end time? Hopefully it updates recording end time?

Plan is to get data every 2 or 4 hours as needed if this works out well. Hopefully this would catch any programming updates.
    1. Yes ... NextPVR reschedules recordings after an EPG update.
    2. Dunno ... It's never been asked before ... I expect that NextPVR uses the values in existence when the recording started.

This will probably not work well ... NextPVR is not designed to get new EPG data every 2 to 4 hours ... Results are unpredictable. You will likely get a better result with your Plan A - long post padding.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Quote Originally Posted by i286 View Post
    From memory, that recording that had already started will record until the original time from when it started.