Thread: How to add a second XMLTV (local) source?

How to add a second XMLTV (local) source?

I have set my IPTV device to include the providers xmltv url as default in the import settings. This works fine , however for certain channels i have a better EPG source that i download as an xmltv file. i go to the channels setting and click on that specific channel, and hit browse to the file i want to use as the epg source. NPVR appears to try to load it but it reverts back to the default xmltv source.

So is there a way to have multiple XMLTV sources, one local?

Quote Originally Posted by shqiperih View Post
    I have set my IPTV device to include the providers xmltv url as default in the import settings. This works fine , however for certain channels i have a better EPG source that i download as an xmltv file. i go to the channels setting and click on that specific channel, and hit browse to the file i want to use as the epg source. NPVR appears to try to load it but it reverts back to the default xmltv source.

I ran into a similar issue when i switched cable providers. My old provider broadcast the none HD channels in analog so I was able to record the lower channels with nextpvr along with the OTA signals. When i switched to a new provider I also had to switch to tvguide.com for my EPG data because zap2it.com's new format no longer worked for me. Just switching the EPG data file wouldn't work, I ended up having to delete all of my channels. A rescan and reassignment of the new EPG data fixed my problem. You may need to do the same.
    Tuners:
    Hauppauge HVR-950
    Hauppauge Dual HD Model #1595
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

This works fine , however for certain channels i have a better EPG source that i download as an xmltv file. i go to the channels setting and click on that specific channel, and hit browse to the file i want to use as the epg source.
    This should work. I just checked and seems to be going ok here for a second XMLTV file. There has a been a couple of minor changes in this area though, for the next, so it's possible my build is behaving slightly differently to yours.

When do you anticipate the next release? Or is there anyway to get a pre-release build from you somehow?

This works with two local xmltv sources. I copied a known good xmltv file and then had two files with identical content but different filenames. NextPVR updated the EPG for some channels from one xmltv file and for one channel from the other xmltv file (while also updating other channels from the broadcast stream).
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

When do you anticipate the next release? Or is there anyway to get a pre-release build from you somehow?
    It'll only be a week or so.