Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to tune to certain re-mapped channels on Prime after 4.2.1 update

Yesterday, it was sunny outside, today it is cloudy.

Yesterday, ch'2 628 and 670 didn't work with Kodi client, today they are working.

I am speechless. I need to visit my psychiatrist.

sub, I think I will buy you a beer, maybe two!

Today's weather report: it is sunny, hot and humid, and two channels 622-Science and 628-History are no longer streaming with the Kodi client, but does so with the nextpvr client. Both these channels had been working in Kodi over the last couple of days - I have not changed anything, but today no go. Back on June 12, 625 & 628 wouldn't stream in Kodi, but the following day they did (reference post #8 in this thread above with logs attached).

This is really weird. This strange behavior all started after 4.2.1 update - I had never seen this before.

Quote Originally Posted by 2leftfeet View Post
    Today's weather report: it is sunny, hot and humid, and two channels 622-Science and 628-History are no longer streaming with the Kodi client, but does so with the nextpvr client. Both these channels had been working in Kodi over the last couple of days - I have not changed anything, but today no go. Back on June 12, 625 & 628 wouldn't stream in Kodi, but the following day they did (reference post #8 in this thread above with logs attached).

This is really weird. This strange behavior all started after 4.2.1 update - I had never seen this before.
    I finally read this thread. Other than the re-mapping of the channels, I'm having the same problem. One day channels don't stream, the next they do. Sometimes the same day. In the morning channels won't stream, but in the afternoon they will. Then overnight, they go back to not streaming.

I finally decided to install the SiliconDust add-on on all of the kodi clients just so we can watch some of the channels that we normally watch. The SiliconDust add-on really sucks, and is just a work around, so I hope that Sub can figure out what is going on soon.

Thanks

Daryl

as mentioned in post #19, I setup a second test server running 4.1.1.

Using the same Kodi client, while targeting the house server running 4.2.1, right now, 622 & 628 are not playing.
    Switching the Kodi client to target test server 2, running 4.1.1, both channels are playing fine.
    Switching back to the 4.2.1 server they don't play.

Same HDHR hardware, same network, same Kodi client, different versions of nextpvr, kodi plays certain channels on one, but not the other.

It got to be that something changed in 4.2.1.

Or maybe it just doesn't play for anyone named Daryl/Darryl - as Rosede's name is Daryl and my name is Darryl? LOL - what does sub have against us?

Or maybe it just doesn't play for anyone named Daryl/Darryl - as Rosede's name is Daryl and my name is Darryl? LOL - what does sub have against us?
    lol

as mentioned in post #19, I setup a second test server running 4.1.1.
    Here's what's really scary. We seem to like the same channels, Science Channel and the History Channel. However, my cable provider dropped the Science channel from my package a few years ago.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Daryl

Does it make a difference if you try to start live tv on these problem channels vs switching to them?

You guys are both HDHomeRun users right?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Does it make a difference if you try to start live tv on these problem channels vs switching to them?

You guys are both HDHomeRun users right?
    No difference.

It should be noted that:
    1. It's not always the same channel(s) that don't play.
    2. On a different day, different channels don't stream and even during the course of the day, those channels sometimes change.

3. Most significant new information - I have noticed that on 1 PC client that when a channel doesn't play in Kodi, when I switch to the nextpvr client on same PC, that channel plays "but" the audio and video are greatly out of sync (around 3 seconds). Alternately, if a channel does play in Kodi, then there are no A/V sync issues in the nextpvr client. --- That said, on a different client PC, if a channel is not playing on Kodi client, there are no A/V issues in nextpvr. Just seems to be a lot of strange behavior, not totally repeatable.