Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Not all channels streaming after upgrade

SiliconDust has been recommending http access to HDHomeRun devices for a while. Under busy network conditions, there can be some packet loss with udp.

I assume that you where using http for the SiliconDust OTA devices, correct? I had no trouble whatsoever with those devices, just the Prime. I wander what is causing the difference in behavior between the Prime and the Connects when using http?

The "HDHR" device type (in the Settings->Devices screen) switched to HTTP in the current release (from UDP). This "HDHR" device type was only previously visible for Prime devices, but this release made this device type available for all HDHomeRun devices, so the users of these other SiliconDust devices would have the choice of either using this, or continuing to use the SiliconDust BDA drivers ("ATSC"/"QAM" device types).

Behind the scenes the SiliconDust BDA drivers use UDP. They're no longer recommending developers use these drivers though, which is why I was making this change to open up the "HDHR" device type to more devices, and switching it to HTTP.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    The "HDHR" device type (in the Settings->Devices screen) switched to HTTP in the current release (from UDP). This "HDHR" device type was only previously visible for Prime devices, but this release made this device type available for all HDHomeRun devices, so the users of these other SiliconDust devices would have the choice of either using this, or continuing to use the SiliconDust BDA drivers ("ATSC"/"QAM" device types).

Behind the scenes the SiliconDust BDA drivers use UDP. They're no longer recommending developers use these drivers though, which is why I was making this change to open up the "HDHR" device type to more devices, and switching it to HTTP.
    I know you brought this up before, but finally the "light" has turned on between my ears! Even though the wheel was spinning, the hamster wasn't awake.

My OTA devices were still using the ATSC settings, thus the behavior on those did not change after the 4.2.1 update.

This version rolls the HDHomeRun code back to the old version (udp etc).

Downloaded the latest patch and going to be testing. Well my girlfriend will be she reported to me that it wasn't working the first time. Thank you Sub! I'll report back if I see any issues. So far everything is good.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsubs View Post
    Downloaded the latest patch and going to be testing. Well my girlfriend will be she reported to me that it wasn't working the first time. Thank you Sub! I'll report back if I see any issues. So far everything is good.
    Got it to crash when flipping through the channels. HLN caused it to crash when going up. I think I attached the logs you need, right? Thanks!

-Flyingsubs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsubs View Post
    Got it to crash when flipping through the channels. HLN caused it to crash when going up. I think I attached the logs you need, right? Thanks!

-Flyingsubs
    Those logs are showing it using HTTP, so doesn't look like you have the most recent patches I posted above, which switched back to UDP.

Those logs are showing it using HTTP, so doesn't look like you have the most recent patches I posted above, which switched back to UDP.
    Whoops, sorry about that. Seemed I replaced my public folder file and not my program files nshared.dll. I replaced it and restarted my computer going to test right now.

So far no issues! Tomorrow i'll test more. Thanks Sub. What I do find interesting, is every so often when i'm flipping channels one takes a lot longer to buffer. Not sure if that is related and needs to be fixed until HTTP is used? Not sure if I can show logs or my thoughts will lead to anything.

For me, it appears that the roll back is working. Fingers crossed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!