Thread: "now playing" or the "now and then" pop up screen

"now playing" or the "now and then" pop up screen

How can I disable this "pop up" ? It works okay, I just don't want it enabled. Keeps popping up when I don't want it.

It's called the "now playing" or "now and then" pop up.

More Info:

Seems that something is not working correctly. I found the area in the "config.xml" file where this option can be turned on or off. It is defaulted to off or <false>

From the Nextpvr advanced info documentation:

AlwaysShowNowNextDetails*
    If true, causes the EPG details for the current programme to appear at the top of the screen when you quick-browse channels in Live TV with Up/Down. If false, then the details only appear after pressing Alt+B.

Default value (boolean): false

In my config.xml: " <AlwaysShowNowNextDetails>false</AlwaysShowNowNextDetails>"

As I understand it, by setting that config to "false" (which is the default) I should then not see that feature when playing back a live TV option. But I can still force it to work by hitting an (alt-b) on my keyboard. This all works normally except that I have the option opening up randomly and when I use the up/down keyboard or wheel on the mouse which it shouldn't do when it's set to <false> .

Seems that setting that area in Config.xml to false doesn't do what it should ? In other words the thing always works as <true>" even when set to <false>.

Unfortunately that documentation is incorrect. The application does not use a AlwaysShowNowNextDetails setting. It is the config.xml, but only because it was something I experimented with in the past.

You can possibly try setting <OSDTimeoutInfo>0</OSDTimeoutInfo> in config.xml. It might do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Unfortunately that documentation is incorrect. The application does not use a AlwaysShowNowNextDetails setting. It is the config.xml, but only because it was something I experimented with in the past.

You can possibly try setting <OSDTimeoutInfo>0</OSDTimeoutInfo> in config.xml. It might do what you want.
    Ah .. that explains it. I'll try the OSDTimeoutInfo setting. It's not a big deal .. I'm using a mouse for navigation within the GUI and sometimes I hit the mouse wheel accidentally which of course when viewing a show acts like an up or down key which brings up the "now / next " over lay. Then I have to hit the <esc> key on the keyboard to get rid of the now/next. I think this will be less of a problem after I get my remote control programmed to work with the HTPC. Then I can eliminate the keyboard and mouse. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich A View Post
    sometimes I hit the mouse wheel accidentally which of course when viewing a show acts like an up or down key which brings up the "now / next " over lay. Then I have to hit the <esc> key on the keyboard to get rid of the now/next.
    That's still going to happen. The mouse wheel or up/down keys show this popup window so you can browse what's on the other channels, before pressing enter to change channel.