Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't find any channels with TBS 6902 [DVB-S tuner]

The other common NZ LNB is 10750/10750/10750 could be worth a try ...... although I seem to remember (from the dim distant past & my memory isn't all that good these days) for one of my LNB's I had to use 10750/0/10750 to get that one to work

It looks like I'm on my own in here.

Since my last post I have carried out the following -

1. Downloaded and installed DVBDream [trial]
    On running the configuration DVBDream found all the channels on the satellite. It did this using the default settings - all I had to do was specify the satellite.
    I played a number of channels to check it was working properly, and it was.

2. Replaced the TBS tuner card with a Hauppauge Starburst tuner card.
    Obviously I installed the drivers for the new card.
    On starting DVBDream it immediately began playing the same channel It was playing with the previous tuner card. Pretty impressive I thought.
    The configuration program for Media Portal refused to start. Using Media Portal is like trying to teach an elephant to limbo dance.
    NextPVR still did not find any channels.

It appears that NextPVR is broken. I would assume the powers-that-be will be able to look at this and, presumably fix the problem. If so I am happy to help where I can (eg. with testing).

In the meantime I have a perfectly usable system using DVBDream so I'll fork out for the paid-for full version.
    I bid you all farewell and best wishes.

Given it's working fine for other DVB-S users, I'm still just assuming it's something minor configuration-wise. Did you try Jaggy's suggestion of 10750/10750/10750 or 10750/0/10750 above.

Also, make sure the 'CI / CAM' setting is set to None. The other options can cause issues scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by parrydm View Post
    It looks like I'm on my own in here.

It appears that NextPVR is broken. I would assume the powers-that-be will be able to look at this and, presumably fix the problem. If so I am happy to help where I can (eg. with testing).
    I have been using DVB-S in NZ for years with NextPVR doing daily recordings off our satellite without an issue & it's working fine for me.... so it's not broken, you just have to get the right settings for it to start working, most likely the LNB setting to match the LNB that is mounted on your dish.