Thread: All shows are showing as new or prem

All shows are showing as new or prem

I am using version 4.2.2 and epg for iptv to populate the epg info. Every entry shows as new or prem which of course is messing with recordings. Is there a setting or something i may be missing in nextpvr that would be causing this?

If your guide source doesn't explicitly say if a show is new or old, then it's assumed to be new - so that recordings for 'all new episodes' etc, wont fail to record because it didn't know if the show was new or not.

Your guide wont be including this info. Your options are probably - turn off the 'new show highlighting' or switch to a guide that has this info.

Quote Originally Posted by woolfman72 View Post
    I am using version 4.2.2 and epg for iptv to populate the epg info. Every entry shows as new or prem which of course is messing with recordings. Is there a setting or something i may be missing in nextpvr that would be causing this?
    NextPVR will attempt to avoid recording duplicates if the EPG includes information that supports this function such as, for example, series and episode numbers ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....ecording#toc12

"I Love Lucy" might be broadcast 100 times in a week with each episode being broadcast ten times ... Setting NextPVR to record "all episodes on this channel" will record one of each episode if "avoid duplicates" is ticked on.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

ok that makes sense.. Thank you both for your responses.