Thread: IPTV Group Channels

IPTV Group Channels

Hi,

I used to have two HDPVR devices connected to set-top boxes and I merge the channels from both devices on nextpvr.

Now I changed this setup to two devices that generate for me an ts stream. One is on my network with an 192.168.1.6 ip and the other is 192.168.1.7 ip.

I setup both under the IPTV and everything is working as expected.

The only problem that I have is that I cannot merge the channels.

This option is not working for iptv.

I have two channels with the same name but with different ips.

Why the merge is important for me on the iptv.

I use and exe to change the channel in the set-top boxes.

So if one device is recording I want the nextpvr to use the other stream and only change the channel for this device.

Like it is done with the hdpvrs.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

I think your problems will be a little more widespread than not being able to merge the channels.

With IPTV, it's assuming they're internet streams which don't have limitations, so even if you had one channels with two IP address, it's also going to assume the first one is available and use that. ie, it'd never try the second one.

Sub,

Do you think that at some point in the future you can make it possible to set the stream limit to unlimited or one per user selection and the possibility to merge channels?

I know that maybe it won't appeal to a lot of people but if it's not that much of work I will be really useful.

Thanks for your time,

Marcelo.