Thread: MCE Buddy

MCE Buddy

I am trying to use MCE with NextPVR and having no success. When it converts the recording to MP4, it works but NextPVR won't see it and load it back into "Whats New" or "Ready Recordings" sections. I tell it to leave the file where it was after converting and to archive the original, but when its all finished I have no recording to watch in either of the recordings sections. Does anyone know how to get MCE Buddy and NextPVR to play nice together?

There are lots of posts on MCE buddy if you search. The key would be leaving the filename the same only changing ts to mp4 after conversion. Note that mp4 files will only play in the NextPVR host client so if Kodi or other clients are required you will be out of luck.

Martin

Thank you. I must be doing something wrong. I’m only on the host. Not changing the file name. But it’s still not working. I’ll do some more searching. Thank you Martin.

NextPVR deletes entries for recordings from its database if the recording file disappears from the recording folder http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....Advanced#toc91

It might be this that is tripping you up. Make sure that the NextPVR front end is not running throughout the conversion and rename.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Ok. Thank you. I’ll try and see if I can get it to work by making sure those settings are set. And NextPVR isn’t running on the front end.