Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCE Buddy

MCE Buddy

I am trying to use MCE with NextPVR and having no success. When it converts the recording to MP4, it works but NextPVR won't see it and load it back into "Whats New" or "Ready Recordings" sections. I tell it to leave the file where it was after converting and to archive the original, but when its all finished I have no recording to watch in either of the recordings sections. Does anyone know how to get MCE Buddy and NextPVR to play nice together?

There are lots of posts on MCE buddy if you search. The key would be leaving the filename the same only changing ts to mp4 after conversion. Note that mp4 files will only play in the NextPVR host client so if Kodi or other clients are required you will be out of luck.

Martin

Thank you. I must be doing something wrong. I’m only on the host. Not changing the file name. But it’s still not working. I’ll do some more searching. Thank you Martin.

NextPVR deletes entries for recordings from its database if the recording file disappears from the recording folder … http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....Advanced#toc91

It might be this that is tripping you up. Make sure that the NextPVR front end is not running throughout the conversion and rename.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

Ok. Thank you. I’ll try and see if I can get it to work by making sure those settings are set. And NextPVR isn’t running on the front end.

Sorry to jump on an old thread... but I was having the same problems. I have MCEBuddy monitoring my recording directory, doing a comskip and convert to mp4, and delete the original file. NextPVR was deleting the entries from the database because the original file had moved.

I solved it with two lines at the end of my profile - the file on my machine is:
    C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\config\profiles.conf

At the end of my profile, I appended these two lines:

PostCustomCommandPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\NScriptHelper.exe
    PostCustomCommandParameters=-rename "%sourcefile%" "%convertedfile%"

And now everything gets renamed and stays right where it should. Nothing else required. My full profile (almost exactly stock):

[MP4 Normal]
    Description=Main profile, good quality 1 pass MP4 (H.264/AAC) conversion. Good for most conversions, produces good results and is faster than the two pass conversion.
    order=ffmpeg,handbrake,mencoder
    mencoder-general=-ss 0 -vf pullup,softskip,yadif=0:-1,hqdn3d,harddup
    mencoder-video=-ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=1400:me=hex:trellis=1:subq=8:partitions=al l:8x8dct:ref=3:rc_lookahead=50:keyint=25:keyint_mi n=20:bframes=1:weight_b:level_idc=40:b_pyramid=nor mal:direct_pred=auto:mixed_refs:deblock=-1,-1:nofast_pskip:nodct_decimate:b_adapt=0:threads=au to
    mencoder-audio=-oac faac -faacopts br=160:mpeg=4:tns:object=2
    mencoder-audioac3=-oac faac -faacopts br=256:mpeg=4:tns:object=2
    mencoder-ext=.avi
    mencoder-remuxto=.mp4
    mencoder-audiodelay=skip
    ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
    ffmpeg-video=-ss 0 -vf yadif=0:-1:1,hqdn3d -vcodec libx264 -b 1400k -x264opts me=hex:trellis=1:subq=8:partitions=all:8x8dct=1:re f=3:rc-lookahead=50:keyint=25:min-keyint=20:bframes=1:weightb=1:level=4.0:b-pyramid=normal:direct=auto:mixed-refs=1:deblock=-1,-1:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1:b-adapt=0:threads=auto -map 0:v -sn
    ffmpeg-audio=-acodec libfdk_aac -ab 160k -cutoff 18000 -map 0:a
    ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec libfdk_aac -ab 256k -cutoff 18000 -map 0:a
    ffmpeg-ext=.mp4
    ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
    handbrake-general=--decomb --loose-anamorphic --verbose=2 -f mp4 -O
    handbrake-video=--start-at duration:0 -e x264 -b 1400 -x me=hex:trellis=1:subq=8:partitions=all:8x8dct:ref= 3:rc-lookahead=50:keyint=25:keyint-min=20:bframes=1:weight-b:level-idc=40:b-pyramid=normal:direct-pred=auto:mixed-refs:deblock=-1,-1:nofast-pskip:nodct-decimate:b-adapt=0:threads=auto
    handbrake-audio=-E faac -R auto -B 160 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
    handbrake-audioac3=-E faac -R auto -B 256 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
    handbrake-ext=.mp4
    handbrake-audiodelay=skip
    PreConversionCommercialRemover=true

Quote Originally Posted by cogengr View Post
    Sorry to jump on an old thread... but I was having the same problems. I have MCEBuddy monitoring my recording directory, doing a comskip and convert to mp4, and delete the original file. NextPVR was deleting the entries from the database because the original file had moved.

I solved it with two lines at the end of my profile - the file on my machine is:
    C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\config\profiles.conf

At the end of my profile, I appended these two lines:

And now everything gets renamed and stays right where it should. Nothing else required. My full profile (almost exactly stock
    What program do you use to open the .conf file?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddodge13 View Post
    What program do you use to open the .conf file?
    Notepad. Always Notepad for ascii files such as this (don't use wordpad else you might cause problems and introduce non-ascii characters and corrupt the file).
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Quote Originally Posted by gEd View Post
    Notepad. Always Notepad for ascii files such as this
    Before your reply I googled it and used notepad++. However I’m not sure if it worked. Do you think notepad++ is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddodge13 View Post
    Do you think notepad++ is ok?
    It's a good editor … I use it all the time … It's fine for jobs like this … If you are having trouble it's not because of Notepad++.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2