Thread: Recordings with special characters in title do not play

Recordings with special characters in title do not play

Hi Martin,

I've been quiet for some time, but I'm back with a small problem
    When I try to play a recording with a special character in the file, like for instance "Formule 1 café" (the last character is an e with a ' on top), x-newa doesn't start playback. The file does play when I use the build in TV from Kodi and NextPVR. If you need more info or logs, let me know.

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Digital Devices Cine CT, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Raspberry Pi 2 OpenElec Kodi client, Gigabyte Brix 2807 OpenElec Kodi client

Hi Chris nice to hear from you. Logs would help to confirm but I expect it relates to how smb is handling the special characters.

I will set up a test here too.

Martin

I've got the Kodi log for you, you can find my attempt to start the playback at the end of the file.

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i5 750 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Digital Devices Cine CT, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Raspberry Pi 2 OpenElec Kodi client, Gigabyte Brix 2807 OpenElec Kodi client

Thanks Chris, I was looking in the wrong spot, I thought it was in my player code but it turns out it is in web client. It is some debugging code I put in, the quick fix is to comment out line 722 which is

print self.nextUrl

I will rry an package a minor fix out this week, my build system is a bit messed up tyring to get timeshifting to work in xnewa with some of sub's recent changes.
    Martin

Thanks, Martin. There's no need to hurry, It's been like this for some time now, it can stay like this some time longer

Chris

I'd appreciate it also if this issue were fixed. When I'm home I can rename videos so they can be played but when I'm out of town my SO has issues. Sample special characters include:
    @
    +

I will try and get around to this next week. I have the fix but I need to cherry pick it from a bigger project.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I have the fix but I need to cherry pick it from a bigger project.
    Ohhhh... Now you've got some of us intrigued.

Nothing too exciting actually just dreary code work.

- removing all the SOAP protocol call from the original interface
    - port to python 3 for Kodi v19

I kind of lost interest in this when sub announced v5 since sadly he isn't going to be supporting NEWA anymore and that makes for another big task especially seeing if I can write a universal version.

Martin