Thread: Another Scheduling Update EPG Thread!

Another Scheduling Update EPG Thread!

I think from reading the documentation that I understand how to schedule an EPG update, but can I please get clarification here?

Steps:

1) Add an a file called UpdateEPG.bat to the NPVR data location 'C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Scripts'.
    2) Within this file add your command line arguments as if you were going to run the EPG grabber yourself.

3) For my setup, I have built the scraper myself and it does not live on the system drive, so I believe I will need

a) G:\
    b) cd G:\Python27\Kodi
    c) Sky TV Guide Scraper.py

4) Save and close .bat file.

Have I missed anything out? Also, how can you specify at what time the update process will run?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg371 View Post
    I think from reading the documentation that I understand how to schedule an EPG update, but can I please get clarification here?
    Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs ... An EPG update occurs when you click the "Update EPG" button in NextPVR Settings --> Channels or when the update runs automatically at the time specified at NextPVR Settings --> Misc2.

The update obtains EPG data for each channel according to the mechanism specified for that channel at NextPVR Settings --> Channels --> Details and the options include Schedules Direct or from the broadcast stream or from an XMLTV file.

NextPVR allows a batch file to run before the EPG update to, for example, put data into an XMLTV file.

NextPVR will run an updateEPG.bat file (if one exists) before it performs the update epg function. The updateepg.bat file runs in the user context of the logged on user when the Update EPG button is pressed and in the user context of the NextPVR Recording Service when it runs automatically (as specified in Misc2). The Recording Service runs in the "System" user account and the .bat file will appear to be running in some obscure folder. Your example batch file is likely to be okay because it explicitly sets the drive and folder within the script. Your .bat should operate the same irrespective of the user account where it runs. For completeness, the Python script might also need to be explicit about where it creates any file that contains EPG data.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

There might be a problem with that script running from the system account if

1. G drive is a network drive (mapping is at a user level)
    2. The python system PATH including python.exe is not set up for the system account. Normally python.exe is in the root of python on Windows but if you copied it into G:\Python\Kodi with your script you should be okay.

Martin