Thread: Manual Recording

Manual Recording

Tried to set up a series of manual recordings a month and a half in the future. Went to the manual recording window and set up a weekly recording starting in September. Checked pending recordings at it showed a one time recording in August. I was able to update the date to the correct date and it held, but it would not let me change the recording type from once to weekly. Also the only name it would accept was default. I don't know what "Advance Rules" are because there are no options. Using NextPVR 4.1.0 with windows 10.

Dale Dewing

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dewing View Post
    Tried to set up a series of manual recordings a month and a half in the future. Went to the manual recording window and set up a weekly recording starting in September. Checked pending recordings at it showed a one time recording in August. I was able to update the date to the correct date and it held, but it would not let me change the recording type from once to weekly. Also the only name it would accept was default.
    You can't change the type of recording after it is created. If you want to change it from 'Record Once' to 'Record Weekly', you need to delete the recording and recreate it.

When you tried to enter the name, how did you try any enter it? If you just start typing, it'll should change to whatever you're typing. (I'm guessing you tried pressing 'Enter' or 'OK' or something, and were expecting an onscreen keyboard or something - nope, doesn't work that way).

I double checked I could create the manual recording you described - a weekly recording, starting in September, with a name other than 'default'.

I don't know what "Advance Rules" are because there are no options.
    Like the name - this is a typing field. These are fairly complex and use SQL notation. http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki....sAdvancedRules

In the name field I did not try just typing. I just clicked on the arrows. I also found that the manual recording worked if you did it while on the recurring recordings window but not if you did it while in the Ready or pending recordings window.

Thank you

Dale Dewing

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dewing View Post
    I just clicked on the arrows. I also found that the manual recording worked if you did it while on the recurring recordings window but not if you did it while in the Ready or pending recordings window.
    I just checked and it works fine regardless of what list is showing, which is what I would have expected, since it's unrelated to this.

What happened when you tried?