Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodi 18 - Live TV De-interlacing and Progress Bar Issues

Kodi 18 - Live TV De-interlacing and Progress Bar Issues

Hi All,

I've been having an ongoing issue with Kodi 18 and the NextPVR Addon which I'm hoping to assist in troubleshooting. I've raised a separate issue for Timeshift already so I'll take that out of this discussion.

In essence, whenever I watch LiveTV, after about 5 Seconds I seem to lose de-interlacing (screen flickers and then its de-interlaced) and I get frequent "Kodi Progress Bar" pop-ups as well. As per my Timeshift issue, If I rollback to 17.6, its stable,
    but I'm keen to assist in seeing if this is my hardware configuration or something else.

I'm in Australia so using NextPVR on a ML10v2 HP Micrsoserver with an SSD for the Timeshift Folder.

I've got 3 different Systems,
    2 x Phenom 9750 AMD Quads with AMD R7 250 Video Cards (500GB SSDs) and
    1 x Intel NUC (5xxx Series, so a bit older)

I've tried each Alpha Release along with multiple Nightlies to no avail.

Please let me know how I can assist.

Thanks again for your awesome work!!

NextPVR just passes the broadcast stream to Kodi, and it is responsible for playback, including deinterlacing etc - so your problem with this will be more of a core Kodi issue, rather than a problem with the NextPVR addon.

Hi sub,

No worries, I'll raise the issue in their forums, I was just trying to see if it was isolated to my configuration.

Should I post this in the NextPVR Subsection of the Kodi Forums or a different location?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deadlast View Post
    Should I post this in the NextPVR Subsection of the Kodi Forums or a different location?
    It'll probably just be ignored by the Kodi dev team if it's in the NextPVR section.

Your best bet is try reproducing it with playing a .ts file directly, so they don't need to try setting up NextPVR to see the problem, and post the details in a more general section.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It'll probably just be ignored by the Kodi dev team if it's in the NextPVR section.

Your best bet is try reproducing it with playing a .ts file directly, so they don't need to try setting up NextPVR to see the problem, and post the details in a more general section.
    Do you mean opening a channel on one box and then trying to access the timeshift.ts on another? or playing back recordedtv?

Thanks again

Does it show this deinterlacing problem playback back a recording, or only live tv?

It only seems to buffer/lose de-interlacing on Timeshift, not on the RecordedTV Folder (Same Backend)

Ok - hopefully one of the kodi devs will look at your logs and be able to tell you why deinterlacing stops.

Cheers again for the Add-On and the assistance.

FYI, created a thread in the root of PVR Support on the Kodi Forums:
    https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334453

They've been discussing a recent flicker issue in the PI builds too, (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461) and I don't think the other people seeing it are using the pvr.nextpvr plugin.

I believe it was in the software decode of streams.

Thanks!