Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Path Substitution

First to confirm that Path Substitution now works on the AMD powered client after restoring the config files from the PC where it works! This is the advancedsetting.xml but the problem has to be somewhere else other than this file as just copying this file over did not work!

<advancedsettings>
    <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    <from>D:\</from>
    <to>smb://NPVR-SERVER/d/</to>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>

The reference to playing the file from (smb://npvr-server/D/) is nothing to do with the Path Substitution and is a location I created in Kodi to give easy access to the recordings on the server and could have called it anything such as "Recordings" instead of "D".

On the RPi3 I restored the original config even though I am reasonably certain it rejected the Kodi config from the PC. Enclose is RPi log file with playing NPVR recording as a video in Kodi on SMB source I created to NPVR-SERVER D: drive at 11:06:27 then at 11:08:21 playing a recording in X-NEWA.

Thanks for your help Martin.

Chris
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- RPi2, Acer RL80 Celeron & Acer RL70 E-450 Nettops, all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

Quote Originally Posted by jcjefferies View Post
    The reference to playing the file from (smb://npvr-server/D/) is nothing to do with the Path Substitution and is a location I created in Kodi to give easy access to the recordings on the server and could have called it anything such as "Recordings" instead of "D".
    If I'm understanding your comment correctly, I don't believe it is correct. I think that you're saying you created a "Media Source" in the Kodi front-end which maps to an SMB path on your server so that you can access that from things like the Videos, Music, etc. And you are thinking that the Path Substitution is pointing to that. I'm pretty sure that is not the case since I don't have Media Sources created for all of the shares on my NextPVR server, but it still works. Also, the Kodi developers have said multiple times that the video player in Kodi used its own smbclient library when attempting to play files beginning with "smb:"--and until just recently it was an old version that only supported smb V1 which caused problems as Windows updated began disabling smb V1. Try changing your "D"s to "Recordings" (make sure you do not have a share named "Recordings" on the server) and see if it works.

Your logs are missing in your post however you have some mis conceptions, It is true you added the smb function to the library and so subtituion is not taking place so direct access can happen

12:22:54.156 T:1944928256 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://npvr-server/D/)
    12:22:54.157 T:1944928256 DEBUG: ParentPath = [smb://npvr-server/]
    12:22:54.161 T:1944928256 DEBUG: Loading items: 134, directory:

The file that it is trying to find is shown as

12:20:34.232 T:1743778720 DEBUG: D:/Horizon/The Horizon Guide to AI_20180904_22002300.ts

so the substitution should match unless you are running Windows. Maybe Kodi is smart at handling this but I see it just as a global search and replace of from and to

Martin

I said exactly the opposite that the location I created had NOTHING to do with the Path Substitution location:-

"The reference to playing the file from (smb://npvr-server/D/) is nothing to do with the Path Substitution and is a location I created in Kodi to give easy access to the recordings on the server and could have called it anything such as "Recordings" instead of "D"."

I dont know what happened to the logs as they were definitely in place shortly before I posted! The times are in the previous post.

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NextPVR Server - HP N54L Microserver, Windows 7 - Storage 2 X 3TB - Tuners DVBSky S952 Twin DVB-S/S2 PCIe, August T210 DVB-T/T2 USB, KWorld UB499-2T Twin DVB-T USB.
    Clients:- RPi2, Acer RL80 Celeron & Acer RL70 E-450 Nettops, all running X-NEWA on LibreElec plus Amazon Fire Stick (32bit) running X-NEWA on Kodi.

I did clean install of LibreElec for RPi2 on spare SD card, I installed X-NEWA and went through the LibreElec, Kodi and X-NEWA settings so X-NEWA is working as normal. I added known working copy of advancedsettings.xml and after a reboot Path Substitution works! The new SD card is unnecessarily large so I created a LibreElec backup and copied it to a USB drive. I swapped the SD card for the original one where Path Substitution does not work and restored the settings from the file on the USB drive so Path Substitution now works! This would seem to indicate that some LibreElec or Kodi setting was preventing Path Substitution from working!

Great glad you got it sorted.

Martin

I looked at the new imported settings but found no obvious changes that may have enabled Path Substitution to start working.

Chris