Thread: Intermittent recording failure

Unhappy Intermittent recording failure

Hi, I've been using NextPVR for several years, mainly to record broadcast radio programmes (UK). I don't use any other front end (eg Kodi).

Over the last few months I've had increasing numbers of "Failed" scheduled recordings. Browsing the forum I realised that I needed to "start NPVR service", and this seemed to solve the problem for a while. However in the last few days most of my recordings have failed. This is despite "starting service" and "stopping service" several times. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled NextPVR (same version).

I don't get any error messages, either when starting service or at any other time. The only time I know that the recording has failed is when it says so under "Recordings".

If I use the "Quick Record" facility it records fine. Its scheduled recordings that's the problem.

As requested, I'm attaching the zip file containing the NextPVR data and would be grateful for your advice.

Many thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Juliaa View Post
    As requested, I'm attaching the zip file containing the NextPVR data and would be grateful for your advice.
    I can't see an error in those logs. It might be that the logs showing the error were lost when you re-installed.

Pleasee schedule some recordings and then post again (attaching new logs) telling us the time of recordings that fail so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.
    i5 750 2.67 GHz, 6 Gig, 1000 Gig, Nvidia N710
    2 x Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD DVB-T2

You'll need to let use know the name and time of a failed recording.

Hi, and thanks for this. So far today the recordings have worked (this happened before when I first reinstalled NextPVR, but then the failures started again). I'll see what happens over the next few days and if/when I get another failure I'll send the log files through.

Remember to send all the logs next time.

Martin