Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Epg data wont update when using xml file

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    10
    here is npvr.db3
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    87,018
    Given that TVGuide-last.xml has no current listings, so I assume that was likely your problem, and I don't need to investigate any further? Or do you think there is still something I need to look at?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    10
    I did empty the database and i have since not using the last tv guide file, it has been overwritten by the new guide data with the same name in the same place, this is why I am confused it does not just work.
    I have attached the files you just asked for just done now so hopefully this may help.
    Im not sure if I need to get the guide to update in a different way, is it ok to just keep overwriting the guide with a fresh one and except npvr to use the data without a problem?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    10
    I did set the clock back for testing purposes earlier this week and launched nextpvr, but have since set the date right and re run nextpvr, I wounder if this may have contributed as you say?
    It is just strange that if i click in the program on any of the channels to get the selection between xml dvbt schedules direct and simply click ok with it still set on xml, that channel will then show listings but will not without doing this.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    87,018
    Looking at your database, I can see the mappings don't match what is in your xmltv file. ie, "BBC One E Mid" is mapped to xmltv channel id "25", but your xmltv file doesn't have a channel with that id. That channel has an id of "183". So, it looks like since you originally setup your channels, whatever you're using to generate your xmltv listings has changed the ids, so the listings can't be associated with the channels.

    ie, you'll probably need to remap your channels to the new ids being used by your xmltv file channels, and hope it doesn't change again in future.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    87,018
    When I import your xmltv file, I get listings for all the channels, because the ids match the listing used in the channels.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    87,018
    The app needs to be able to rely on these ids not changing

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Looking at your database, I can see the mappings don't match what is in your xmltv file. ie, "BBC One E Mid" is mapped to xmltv channel id "25", but your xmltv file doesn't have a channel with that id. That channel has an id of "183". So, it looks like since you originally setup your channels, whatever you're using to generate your xmltv listings has changed the ids, so the listings can't be associated with the channels.

    ie, you'll probably need to remap your channels to the new ids being used by your xmltv file channels, and hope it doesn't change again in future.
    Thanks that explains it.
    I can look into making sure the channels match with their same id's in future.
    I used epg collector to take downloaded xml guide data from xmltv.co.uk feed and create a new version.
    It must be epg collector that is re-assigning the channel id's!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •