Thread: Video Flicker Issue on one channel

Video Flicker Issue on one channel

Using IPTV I have one channel which flickers the menu when playing and blinks. The attached logs show one IPTV channel working and the second has the flicker issue. It work with web access using the modern interface and Kodi. Also the playback of a recording works in Kodi and using the Nextpvr web interface. I changed the decoders without any success, so switched back to LAV. Short log, but the error is on the property brothers buying and selling show around 430 today on HGTV USA.

No issue off the hauppauge tuner local channels or any other IPTV Vader channel. using Lav .72 filters.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sounds like it'll be the decoder not linking something about that channels encoding.

I tried Arcsoft, Microsoft, Lav and ffdshow, they all fail for mpeg2 and x264.

But good news is, it works with Kodi, VLC, and Nextpvr web but recording have commercials.Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  46.2 KB
    Last edited by Barry10; 2018-09-12 at 11:45 PM.

Maybe try temporarily changing the video renderer to see if it helps.

If you can supply a sample recording, I'll try playing it here.

Ah - I think I see what is happening. It looks like that channel has two video streams - one H.264, and the other HEVC. I've never seen that. I'm guessing it's trying to play both video at the same time.

Put a recording somewhere like Dropbox or onedrive, and I'll download it and take a look.

Here is the link.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...wu?usp=sharing

and log files attached. Strange issue, but lot of things are strange on Vader!
    Thanks

Disabled HEVC video decoder and all of the other channels work in H.264. This one channel needs both to work, strange.
    Last edited by Barry10; 2018-09-13 at 12:15 PM.

That is the strangest file. In all my years doing video stuff, I hadn't come across a transport stream with two video streams on the same channel. I'm sure it's just a encoder configuration mistake by the vader guys, but I'll make some tweaks to the code, so that NextPVR can cope with it.

This patch should fix it.

Thanks works great!