Thread: Quick question regarding missing channels

Quick question regarding missing channels

So we got a new cable provider, and I re-scanned the channels under 'devices', well there is a handful of channels missing. I am using HDhomerun prime and opening the HDhomerun prime app I get all the channels that are missing from Nextpvr, so is there a way I can add the channels manually?

Thank you

Open http://<ipaddress>/lineup.xml?show=unprotected in your browser, where <ipaddress> is the ipaddress of your HDHomeRun. That will tell you the list of channels NextPVR can access from your device.

Thank you and I just did that and the channels that are missing are on the XML file from the url you gave me

They are there? Your best bet might be to backup your npvr.db3 (and recordings-backup.xml) before deleting npvr.db3 (so you can start from empty database). Rescan a device, and it should list all the channels on that url. Then import the recordings from your recordings-backup.xml. That way you get away from any mess from your old channels with your old cable provider

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately it still is skipping the channels, I noticed when I ran a channel scan on my HDhomerun prime it shows the channels that are missing 'DRM' so I am assuming I won't be able to access those?

Correct, if these channels have DRM, they wont be available in NextPVR (or other 3rd party apps). They also shouldn't appear in that http://<ipaddress>/lineup.xml?show=unprotected output, which is only the channels that don't have DRM.

Thats a real shame, yes they do show up in the url you suggested, but I noticed even in the XML it would have certain channels with the <hd>1</hd> tags and the missing channels would have <drm>1</drm> tags