Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using DVB/ATSC EPG to populate EPG. - problems

Thanks Sub.
    I guessed that was the case.

I have gone through some of my files in the Shows folder and substituted art for the most glaring examples and also altered the associated .xml files by pasting in the appropriate poster segment in front of the description.

e.g. <Poster>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\media\shows\60 Minutes.jpg</Poster>
    <Landscape>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\media\shows\60 Minutes.landscape.jpg</Landscape>

This is a laborious task and for missing artwork and can involve searching several websites, not always with success.

I guess I've just got too much time on my hands.

Can you accept donations by other than PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
    The ones (artwork) that annoy me are the US movies that automagically pickup some obscure Japanese poster.... I suspect because the movie name doesn't also have the year at the end of it that seems to be the common way they do it in the US
    It basically does a name search, and you'll often get back more than one result. They're ordered by themoviedb to be ranked in popularity(?), and the first result is usually the correct one...but sometimes not. It does help if the name is an *exact* match. Sometimes you get a slight change, like the broadcaster has added extra text, and this can make the results much more variable (like the Japanese one might be closer to the text you supplied than the one you were really looking for). NextPVR has no way to know for sure it's the right one though.

Have you got an example in the current NZ EPG data which I can check?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikiwi View Post
    Thanks Sub.
    I guessed that was the case.

I have gone through some of my files in the Shows folder and substituted art for the most glaring examples and also altered the associated .xml files by pasting in the appropriate poster segment in front of the description.

e.g. <Poster>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\media\shows\60 Minutes.jpg</Poster>
    <Landscape>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\media\shows\60 Minutes.landscape.jpg</Landscape>

This is a laborious task and for missing artwork and can involve searching several websites, not always with success.

I guess I've just got too much time on my hands.
    Try going to the Videos screen, navigate to your recordings directory (for example c:\recordings), and with the show directory highlighted like "The Simpsons" (don't go into the directory), select 'Metadata' from the top menu, and it'll return a list of all the matches, and you can select one. It's still pretty manual...but might help.

Can you accept donations by other than PayPal.
    Since you're also in NZ, I could just PM you my bank account number if you want to send over a few dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    It basically does a name search, and you'll often get back more than one result. They're ordered by themoviedb to be ranked in popularity(?), and the first result is usually the correct one...but sometimes not. It does help if the name is an *exact* match. Sometimes you get a slight change, like the broadcaster has added extra text, and this can make the results much more variable (like the Japanese one might be closer to the text you supplied than the one you were really looking for). NextPVR has no way to know for sure it's the right one though.
    Yep I understand all that It's just annoying not a game changer or anything like that.

Have you got an example in the current NZ EPG data which I can check?
    Nope.... they are not all that often but a bit weird when it does happen & it's a well known popular movie with some weird poster showing.

Back again. I've just put a donation through by CC.

Sorry to be so dumb, but could you please add some more details of this process?
    Where is the Video screen?
    Is navigate to recordings directory done in Explorer?
    Where should I see the Metadata option

Sorry, but I'm totally lost where to start.

You may need add your recording directory on the Settings->MediaFolders screen, if you have already.

Select 'Videos' in the NextPVR main menu. Highlight a folder name, then hit metadata in the top menu. You may need to go out and back in before artwork changes are seen
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks so much Sub

It all seems so obvious once I saw the screen shots.
    I had already added my recording directory but just couldn't see what to do next.

I was also using my convoluted method to fix all shows not just recorded ones, but I guess as long as I record each incorrect program at some point, I'll eventually achieve my objective.
    (I hope that makes sense)

Thanks Sub for all you help.