Thread: comskip and nextpvr padding

comskip and nextpvr padding

Asking for help here as it seems to be more active than the comskip forums.

Since we are unable to add post/pre padding in seconds, I have both set to 1min. I have been trying to figure out a way to get comskip to skip the first ~50 seconds and have tried a few commands but nothings seems to work, dont care for the end of the recording.

I have been playing with these values but have not been successful, anyone have any ideas?

Code:
    added_recording=60
    delete_show_after_last_commercial=0	; set to 1 if you want to delete the last block if its a show and after a commercial
    delete_show_before_or_after_current=0	; set to 1 if you want to delete the previous and the next show in the recording, this can lead to the deletion of trailers of next show
    delete_block_after_commercial=40	;set to max size of block in seconds to be discarded, set to 0 to disable 
    min_commercial_break_at_start_or_end=40

Because sub doesn't want to add seconds, I just use 0 pre padding which seems to work fine here in Canada. I lose a few seconds on my HDPVR but this is TV after all and it is better than the aggravation of skipping in the first minute.

You probably could write a utility to make the 50 second a resume point on each recording if you have the skills.

Martin