Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NextEnd not extending sports event

Both sporting events extended perfectly last night, including the 15 minute postgame. Thanks again for all your help on this.

Martin,

Does the minimum two-minute post padding apply to all events, like NASCAR, not just MLB?

I am not sure that padding has an impact at all but I need to check the code out more carefully especially as it applies to providing enough post game time for any events that finish before the scheduled time.

Martin.

Thanks, Martin. I'll be waiting to hear what you find out.
    Later...JohnC

System Status: Humming
    Desktop: Intel DX38BT MB - Intel Q9650 3GHz Quad - AMD HD6670 Video
    Software: Win 10 Pro(Creators) - NextPVR - WinTV8 - Total Media Extreme - VLC
    Video: Verizon FiOS - Hauppauge DCR-3250 - Hauppauge 1512 HDPVR2

Post padding is not an issue if postgame padding is greater 2 minutes. NextEnd checks if an event is running every two mintues and if it less than two minutes from the current end time it will add the postgame time to the end time.

There could be scenarios the full postgame time is not recorded though so I am waiting for sub to answer a developer's question.

Martin

I also see a scenario where is *no* post-padding. What happens then? Is the two-minute test "hard-wired," or can it be changed? Maybe driven by config.xml? I thought that NextEnd started testing about twenty minutes before schedules end time?

I am not talking sub's post padding I am talking the postgame parameter in NextEnd. NextEnd does start checking well before the scheduled end. I guess there could be problems with negative padding but I'm not going to worry about that.

Martin