Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with android app

Help with android app

Sorry if im missing something obvious but have been trying for hours now!! I have downloaded the nextpvr app on my T95z android box, when I open it it just says pick server from list but nothing comes up, I can add a server but dont know what to add?

Have you got NextPVR installed and working on your Windows PC?

As described in the app description on the Google Play Store, the NextPVR Android app is a client app, and needs to talk to NextPVR running on another machine. It'll stream live tv and recordings from your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Have you got NextPVR installed and working on your Windows PC?

As described in the app description on the Google Play Store, the NextPVR Android app is a client app, and needs to talk to NextPVR running on another machine. It'll stream live tv and recordings from your PC.
    Ah ok, so I have vader stream on my pc, I was struggling to add my device in the settings, when I scanned there was nothing in it

Quote Originally Posted by mdw402 View Post
    Ah ok, so I have vader stream on my pc, I was struggling to add my device in the settings, when I scanned there was nothing in it
    There is no scanning involved when you're using IPTV streams.

On the Settings->Devices screen, have you double clicked your IPTV device, hit 'Import' and told it your m3u and xml listing urls?

There is no scanning involved when you're using IPTV streams.

On the Settings->Devices screen, have you double clicked your IPTV device, hit 'Import' and told it your m3u and xml listing urls?
    I did that and got an error : failed to download channel list

If you're using vaders, you may need to install this updated NShared.dll, to work around a change vaders made a few days ago which broke the channel import:

https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthrea...513#post527513

ive downloaded that patch, not sure how to install it though? I get an error about system argument now

Run the 'Stop NPVR Service' shortcut, drop the updated file into c:\program files (x86)\npvr, replacing the existing file of the same name, then run the 'Start NPVR Service' shortcut.

Run the 'Stop NPVR Service' shortcut, drop the updated file into c:\program files (x86)\npvr, replacing the existing file of the same name, then run the 'Start NPVR Service' shortcut.
    ok im getting somewhere now, the list of shows comes up but there is no show details in the planner? Also how do I then connect the app on my android box to this on my pc?

Sorry for needing so much help

Quote Originally Posted by mdw402 View Post
    ok im getting somewhere now, the list of shows comes up but there is no show details in the planner?
    Did you put in you xml listings URL when you imported your channels? Have you tried hitting the 'Update EPG' button on the Settings->Channels screen?

Also how do I then connect the app on my android box to this on my pc?
    As long as you don't have a firewall blocking communication, it should just detect it automatically.