Thread: Feature Request: Android TV Live Channel Integration

Feature Request: Android TV Live Channel Integration

Would be absolutely fantastic to see NextPVR's android app integrated with the Android TV Live Channels app made by Google. Not to insult the current app, but the Live Channels interface is significantly more "TV focused" rather than feeling like a mobile app that has been stretch to fit on a TV. Other competitors have already implemented this, although none of them are Windows compatible and easy to set up like NextPVR's server is. I'd love to know if this feature is planned, and if there is a time-line for release.

Information on how to implement this is available on the Android Developer page, seems like a relatively low-effort addition which adds significant usability to NextPVR.
    https://developer.android.com/training/tv/tif/tvinput

I am intending to look into adding this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    I am intending to look into adding this in the future.
    Any news on this? I was about to purchase the Android app for use on shield but this is kind of a necessity for me.

Quote Originally Posted by trozmagon View Post
    Any news on this? I was about to purchase the Android app for use on shield but this is kind of a necessity for me.
    This is still something I'm intending to do. I'm busy working on the next release of NextPVR at this stage though. When that's out of the way I'll be revisiting the Android and Apple apps.

Well if you need some beta testers, I am ready to help!

Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    When that's out of the way I'll be revisiting the Android and Apple apps.
    Cool, my wish is that you find a magic way to make it work the Videos Menu and with Comskip and an OSD Timeline just like NPVR on Windows... big ask I know, but hey, gotta try!!

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    Cool, my wish is that you find a magic way to make it work the Videos Menu and with Comskip and an OSD Timeline just like NPVR on Windows... big ask I know, but hey, gotta try!!

k.
    Live Channel is a different application then sub's Android app so you probably should address this there. To me it is too basic.

Martin