Thread: Hauppauge Cordcutter TV Clear QAM

Hauppauge Cordcutter TV Clear QAM

I'm trying to get my Hauppauge Cordcutter TV to work with NextPVR. I have 24 clear QAM stations that the native iOS app and Roku apps will pull in so I know it's working. I see it listed under devices in NextPVR but when I scan using the default settings it only finds encrypted channels. I am able to do a manual scan but Im not sure how to specify a range. I need to be able to scan from 189000 to 207000. I can scan individual freq. But I want to pull in all channels in the range. Any ideas?

Look in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\QAM. Look at a few of the files to see examples. Some use channel numbers & some use frequencies. Pick one of them and make a copy with a new name that doesn't have any spaces.

In the [CABTYPE] section, change the text after "1=" to be something unique that you will recognize. Maybe "My custom channels" or whatever.

In the [DVB] section, that will contain the list of frequencies/channels it will scan when you select your list. The first line indicates how many channels/frequencies will be scanned and the following lines list the actual frequencies/channels. So, you would probably have something similar to this:

Code:
    [DVB]
    0=4
    1=189000,0,0
    2=195000,0,0
    3=201000,0,0
    4=207000,0,0
    Tuners: Ceton InfiniTV quad cable card tuner (PCIe). SD HDHR Connect Quatro Tuner (HDHR5-4US). Use only QAM on HDHR. HDPVR - for Fox owned channels.
    Viewing: Usually an NMT connected via MoCA. Sometimes directly on the server below. Sometimes when I travel I use an NMT served from my laptop with a portable hard-drive.
    EPG: XML from SchedulesDirect via MC2XML
    Provider: Verizon Fios
    Server: Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1

Getting Closer

I'm getting closer but I'm missing the 195 and 201 channels. They show up on the myTV app but not in NextPVR. Here is a screenshot of what I have:
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  110.0 KB

I think I have a workaround. I was able to scan each frequency manually. Then export the channels to an xml file and merge them all together and import the entire list.
    Last edited by heaterman; 2018-10-26 at 08:49 PM.