Thread: Web radio stream as IPTV

Web radio stream as IPTV

Just a thought, would it be possible to add a web radio stream as an IPTV source.

If so, how would I format an m3u8 file that NextPVR would accept it? I've been trying to find an example of one, but I haven't had much luck. All the examples via Google are for local files.

There's a station I like which has a very fixed weekly schedule, I could easily write a script to make an XMLTV guide for it. Could I store this locally?

Thanks!
    "It's better than a box!"

you dont actually need a .m3u file, you can go into IPTV under devices and just 'add' a channel, number it yourself, and insert URL manually...
    not feasible for a lot of channels, but certainly easy for a channel or two..

but aside from that, here's format for .m3u8 file...[or .m3u]
    Code:
    #EXTM3U 
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-name="Channel name"
    http://URL/1234.ts
    Last edited by pBS; 2018-11-05 at 03:45 PM.
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Thanks for that.

I have it a try and allow it allows me to add the URL, it can't play it. I wonder if it will only work with a TS stream?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberFive View Post
    I have it a try and allow it allows me to add the URL, it can't play it. I wonder if it will only work with a TS stream?
    It should work with other stream types. For non ts streams, it should use ffmpeg to convert on the fly. If you want to post the logs, I can check what happened.

Hi sub,

As soon as I checked the logs I could see there was no audio decoder! Opps! It's not my main machine.

Although it's MP3, it's calling the AAC decoder. Set it to LAV decoders and is all working great now.